oneBoro Forum

Bernie's Verdict.

On transfers: “On paper they looked good signings but as yet they haven’t delivered.”

On team selection: “A year on and there’s no shape, no continuity and he doesn’t know his best team.”

On tactics: “We can’t win away or cope when teams change things.”

On motivation: “When confidence drops a boss needs to earn his corn and get players and the team up for the game. There’s no evidence of that.”

On coaching ability: “People say he’s a good coach but we don’t see that enough.”

On entertainment value: “You can get away with rank bad football if you get results and you can get away with poor results if fans are excited by what they see on the pitch. We do neither.”

Relationship with fans: “He’s wasted a lot of the goodwill he had with some rude and disrespectful comments.”

Dealing with the media: “Sarcastic doesn’t cut it. His attitude is damaging the image of the club nationwide.”

And Slaven’s final assessment was: “Strachan needs to do better... much, much better.

Pretty much agree with everything.

Couldn't agree with bernie more.

But, let's not forget, that he and century got the boot from the Riverside because of his very truthful apraisal of MFC some seasons ago (another wonderful decission by the Chuckle Brothers) and if anyone doubts this, I wll take them back to Steve Gibson's interfiew on the radio when he said............and I quote "certain ex players running down the club and the area"

Slaven never ran down this area, nor the club, in fact he only ever had praise for Gibson, but he questioned the signings and tactics.

That is the reward he recieved for being one of our most prolific goal scorers in the history of MFC. I think anyone who scored as many as he did for the club has a right to criticise where critisism is needed.

This simply proves what some of us have known for years now, Gibson is an autocrat and wants to run the club as an autocracy and if you don't like it, screw you and that's why we are at less than half capacity at the Riverside. It's the fans saying "screw you" back at Gibson

Slaven has always been truthfull, perhaps it's easy when you're sitting watching, but that does not alter the truthfulness of what he says.

On a related matter, I see that GeorgeW has had a go at creating a new anti-Slaven thread on the Gazette forum. I think he's flogging a dead horse with that one, unless he can get something going with ibby. :D

(I haven't got around to changing the link on my home page, yet, so I pass through the forum on my way to the Gazette's MFC web pages.)

I have to agree with what Bernie says.I take note of his comments,because his are football based & not personal.Unlike some others.

Have to concur with Caz.I have never heard Bernie run the club or area down.As for being gaffer.No chance in hell with Steve in charge of the train set.

Couldn't agree with bernie more.

But, let's not forget, that he and century got the boot from the Riverside because of his very truthful apraisal of MFC some seasons ago (another wonderful decission by the Chuckle Brothers) and if anyone doubts this, I wll take them back to Steve Gibson's interfiew on the radio when he said............and I quote "certain ex players running down the club and the area"

Slaven never ran down this area, nor the club, in fact he only ever had praise for Gibson, but he questioned the signings and tactics.

That is the reward he recieved for being one of our most prolific goal scorers in the history of MFC. I think anyone who scored as many as he did for the club has a right to criticise where critisism is needed.

This simply proves what some of us have known for years now, Gibson is an autocrat and wants to run the club as an autocracy and if you don't like it, screw you and that's why we are at less than half capacity at the Riverside. It's the fans saying "screw you" back at Gibson

Slaven has always been truthfull, perhaps it's easy when you're sitting watching, but that does not alter the truthfulness of what he says.

i agree and didnt he and brownlee get an award for the show as well ,,, Gibson u should be ashamed of yourself . Like you said cat he was saying what most of the fans thought .

It's a shame, I know the guy personally and he was over the moon to get that award with ali.

He may run the club down with his comments, but all fully deserved as far as I can tell, yet he never runs the area down. He lives in boro ffs!