oneBoro Forum

Bernie's Verdict.

He used to come to Pally Park and have a kick around with you and he'd always have a natter to you in Morrisons whilst you're having your breakfast :P

Exactly, but how does the club treat him? by banning from the ground. No wonder the fans are alienated

My very first post on the Gazette site was in defence of Bernie on that GW thread where some of you were giving him a pasting.

I speak as I find and I think he is a top bloke. Whenever I saw him on a night out he never had an alcoholic drink in his hand, unlike Pally and most of them. He always found time to have a chat with anyone. I used to see him at the baths over at Berwick Hills for an early morning swim. He had retired by then but the man was always surrounded by pensioners wanting to hear about his best moments in football. I hardly ever saw him swim for chatting to fans.

His commentary with Ali, "you have played the game, I haven't", Brownlie was definitely the best save for some moments of sheer magic from Malcolm Allison. Ive never heard him run the area or the club down unless you count giving an honest appraisal of how the team were doing. You could tell he was hurting with us. He should have been on the coaching staff instead of being banned from the ground. I saw him a couple of years ago on the road from Guisborough to Nunthorpe in his modest Rover 75 when young players now not fit to clean his boots are running around in Bentleys and Range Rovers.

My very first post on the Gazette site was in defence of Bernie on that GW thread where some of you were giving him a pasting.

I speak as I find and I think he is a top bloke. Whenever I saw him on a night out he never had an alcoholic drink in his hand, unlike Pally and most of them. He always found time to have a chat with anyone. I used to see him at the baths over at Berwick Hills for an early morning swim. He had retired by then but the man was always surrounded by pensioners wanting to hear about his best moments in football. I hardly ever saw him swim for chatting to fans.

His commentary with Ali, "you have played the game, I haven't", Brownlie was definitely the best save for some moments of sheer magic from Malcolm Allison. Ive never heard him run the area or the club down unless you count giving an honest appraisal of how the team were doing. You could tell he was hurting with us. He should have been on the coaching staff instead of being banned from the ground. I saw him a couple of years ago on the road from Guisborough to Nunthorpe in his modest Rover 75 when young players now not fit to clean his boots are running around in Bentleys and Range Rovers.

100% spot on BL.

My sentiments to the last fullstop

Always agree with my old sparring partner Legend when he's spot on.

Bernie is a super guy,he gave a 100% on the pitch,& he's a gent off it.He was playing in a charity match I attended,he was in the bar afterwards,& signed autographs + chatted with everybody that approached him.Like KK a total gentleman.

• 1 month later...