oneBoro Forum

Sad day for boro fans in away

Andrew ... I think We are far more financially strapped than most fans believe and we have been for a few years.I dont know if the Rockcliffe Development has put us under even more pressure but the Club want you to believe that its all part of the same group i.e ONeil Gibson Holdings. May be they have taken this out of the group now and thats how the debts have been reduced from the balance sheet.

If thats the case then why did we spend 12million pounds on a player? When Woolworths struggled they didnt go and spend 12million on pick and mix did they, so if thats the case why did we do it? It stinks of something far more sinister to me!

Andrew...They bought Alves just before the World financial crisis really kicked in.I warned at the time that the banks were trying to get companies to reduce their borrowings that Boro/ONeil Holdings would be hurt badly by it all.Thank god we didnt go through with the Vagner Love deal at the sametime like Lamby told us :)

Until the club publishes their next set of accounts which will be later this year (if they file them on time) then we will not know the true extent of the problems.

Boro as a business is not solvent,its only still around because of the holding company and the guarantees that are in place.

sadly smiler your son will hear far worse in the playground!

we're all raw at the moment hence the industrial language, I'm sorry for my part but you can't quite communicate the same amount of rage with the queen's english!

Spot on smiler youngsters do read these boards and the language that ibby was coming out with was pretty raw.

is that ironic SGT, I noticed there were a few expletives in some of your posts too!?

Although the C word is a bit special it's tame in comparison to what I want to write!

Andrew...They bought Alves just before the World financial crisis really kicked in.I warned at the time that the banks were trying to get companies to reduce their borrowings that Boro/ONeil Holdings would be hurt badly by it all.Thank god we didnt go through with the Vagner Love deal at the sametime like Lamby told us :)

Until the club publishes their next set of accounts which will be later this year (if they file them on time) then we will not know the true extent of the problems.

Boro as a business is not solvent,its only still around because of the holding company and the guarantees that are in place.

There had been warnings for a while about it though, hence the reason business forecasts were adjusted to suit the demand, and actions were being taken, although not to the extent they are in the current climate, but surely someone at the club must have been monitoring such situations, which makes the alves deal even more questionable

yeah VB. Presumably now that our mind games of making everyone think we were financially stable have paid off by getting us big fees for top players gibbo can come out and be honest with the fans...

i won't hold my breath.

The big announcement we are all waiting to hear is ...... When is Alves leaving IF he really is going elsewhere. Hence why we have sold Huth.

I doubt hes going anywhere this transfer window! Is he still injured or is he fit now?

If he doesnt go anywhere then we may have to play him, or well be getting even less in january for him. Actually maybe thats the plan, sell the rest to offset the cost of alves, who can then be sold in Egyptian pounds!