oneBoro Forum

Who will we Buy/Loan/Free in January?

I dunno Curt,we are playing PNE & if the beast gives him a whack early on,thats everything out the window.

Messi is world class,compared to him,Woody is 3rd class.Woody was a half decent player once.Do not elevate him to a stature he is not worthy of.Sol is better than him,& he's making errors.

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Of course Im not saying he is world class or anything like messi, come on linny your not that daft. I was using hyperboyle to get my point across. Woody is a great defender and all I was trying to say was he is lot better than anything we have got. Sol is not better than woody (he was but not now) have you seen how slow sol is now. As for saying we are playing PNE; end of the day he has to start playing sometime and 'arry would not let him go out on loan if he thought he was a risk.

i think he was world class ! , at his best he was the best defender in england, but we are only going to have 3 CBs after jan so you cant afford a third of your players to be injury prone, ok if we had 5 CBs then it would be worth a gamble.

What is happening with Kilgallon is he going to be fit anytime soon? as far as I know we still have him on loan but he's getting treatment at Sunderland. I'd imagine he'll replace Wheater if available. Rhys Williams might be an option as well.

Just heard we might be in for Danny ***ttu as well, out of contract at Millwall.

Hey don't sit on the fence CG.I was called to task for calling Ali a to$$er.I agree with you.

There was a kid mentioned yesterday.Dale Jennings from Tranmere,WBA boss wants him,& then will loan him to a NPC club.With Mogga's ties to The Baggies,we should bag him.

I saw we were linked to Leon Best f again.I didn't fricken want him when he was at Coventry.About as hot as Folan.

Evening lads Happy Christmas. The thing is Mowbray left us on pretty bad terms so if we get jennings don't build your hopes too much for a loan. Somebody else mentioned Kevin Phillips, His family has settled in The Midlands hence Vile, us and now The Blues. Its kind of unlikely he'd move far at this stage of his career.

also, her is a list of a few players that i believe would make a difference. all are strugling for game time with their current clubs (apoligies if that is due to injury for any) and could possibly be interesed in a fresh challenge either short to put them in the shop window for the summer or long term. some of these may also be unrealistic due to wages etc but here goes :

Michael Kightly - i know he has had a long term injury but he was superb on the right wing for wolves a couple of seasons back....and lets be fair it is supply we need.

Kevin Phillips - not only is he a proven goalscorer and is predetary in the box but his work ethic and know how would rub off on the rest of the squad.

Michael Johnson - a long shot maybe and possibly in his current state would set the world alight but if we could get him anywhere near what he promised as a youngster it would be an astute bit of business.

Danny Guthrie - hardly getting a look in at the toon and has bags of ability. we could utilise him wide on the right.

Ryan Taylor - another on the outer at newcastle. has a superb left foot and would give us great balance.

Giles Barnes - another risky one due to his injury proneness but a player that can turn it on at the click of your fingers....isnt that the kind of spark we are looking for?

Ishmael Miller - man mountain and would give us something completly different going forward.

Jordi Gomez - his appearances at wigan are sporadic. he is proven at this level and would benefit from gaining the confidence through dropping down a level. again would bring us creativity and flair.

Benni McCarthy - wages and attitude would be the stumbling block here but he would find the net at will in the championship and really needs to get his career back on track.

Zavon Hines - has pace to burn and his delivery is very good for someone with such little experience.

David Bentley - another long shot as i doubt we could afford him and a few prem clubs have expressed interest but if we signed someone of his calibre you would soon see the likes of boyd and co knocking them in for fun.

Robbie Keane - is obviously going to move in january and again alot of prem clubs will be bidding. mowbray signed him at celtic and maybe, just maybe.....

Jamie O'Hara - very underated in my opinion. would be a great play maker in the championship. has the ball on a string and tons of energy.

Darron Gibson - Sir alex has already said that he would be looking at giving gibson the option to get more sustained appearances at another club and would give us that winning mentality.

Gabriel Obertan - As Above

James Vaughn - proved that he could score goals at struggling palace and could be another option for us.

Tamir Cohen - isnt figuring in owen coyles plans but everytime i have seen him i have been impressed. energetic midfielder that can score goals.

Matty Taylor - has made a couple more appearances at bolton of late but is by no means a regular. again would give us creativity, balance and goals.

Jason Roberts - Maybe another leroy lita.....ok possibly a slight upgrade. is powerful and quick and i believe would find the net regularly at this level.

Nigel Reo-Coker - I would go all out to sign this man if we had even a snif of making him a boro player. box to box midfielder that scores goals, defends well and has great leadership. on the outer under houllier.

Curtis Davies - Maybe leicester are in prime position but would be worth an enquiry especially if wheater does depart which is looking likely.

Akos Buzsaky - the forgotten man at loftus road but has all the ability in the world. great delivery and an eye for goal.

that my 2 cents worth.....not that i expect much if any activity in january. i would also like to see didier diggard in a boro top once again.

"Woodgate is also a loan target of Middlesbrough boss Tony Mowbray, who is also keen on Toulouse striker Soren L***n." as reported on BBC sport website, can't say I've heard of Soren L***n though, Woodgate I can't make my mind up about

"The 28-year-old top-scored for the Danes on the road to South Africa, with five goals in as many games. While detractors will point out his goals were gained against the two worst sides in the group, L***n took his chances well, notching two braces against Malta, and another goal in the 3-0 win over Albania. The 6ft 4in striker, who made his international debut in 2005, will give the Danes a threat in the air, while he is also considered a fine finisher" Doesn't exactly set the ground on fire then again the SPL's alltime leading goalscorer didn't so maybe we shouldn't be so judgemental