oneBoro Forum

Closing Down Sale

Closing Down Sale - Everything must go - All players 5M or less!!!

Its pretty clear that the club has to ship some players out as we cannot afford the wage bill without the Premiership TV revenue. What is annoying to everyone is the pathetic fee of 10M we managed to get for Huth and Tuncay. To put it in perspective, Sunderland got 4M for Chopra, an aging 2nd rate championship player at best. We can only muster 5M for Tuncay. If I did my job this badly, I'd be sacked instantly. I work with a Stoke fan and he thinks they have found the biggest closing down sale of the century.

Also, I see that Hull City are quoting 12M for their centre back Turner.

To put it in perspective, Sunderland got 4M for Chopra, an aging 2nd rate championship player at best.

Who has got 7 goals in 4 appearances.

Think we need to start to accept were a Championship side. We have to sell players, if a reasonable bid comes in (£11m for Huth and Tuncay), we will not say no

To put it in perspective, Sunderland got 4M for Chopra, an aging 2nd rate championship player at best.

Who has got 7 goals in 4 appearances.

Think we need to start to accept were a Championship side. We have to sell players, if a reasonable bid comes in (£11m for Huth and Tuncay), we will not say no

Yes we are a Championship side - and are set to remain one with this sort of transfer dealings.

I know it's frustrating Billy but what was the club supposed to do, i'm sure Gibson and Lamb would have loved to have got 15 million for them, but no-one was offering anything like that.

Stoke were the only team to put a firm offer in, and we needed to sell.

Huth and Tuncay are only worth what other clubs are willing to pay - NOT what us boro fans think they should be worth.