Boro V Crystal Palace

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Jesus, 5 days ago people were pleading to keep Lita cause he was our only chance of scoring goals! 90mins later and he's back to being terrible! Seriously, quit being so fickle.

Agree that some of us were talking him up a tad too much but not all. I think a lot were just scared that we wouldnt be able to replace him? He is the epitomy of inconsistency. The guy has so much promise but does not deliver nearly enough of the time.

It will be a quiet night on the forum this evening.

We are guilty of yet again not taking our chances in the first half, doing a stupid defensive error to give away the goal then being poor in the last 45 minutes.

I am hoping we try to raise our game in our next matches.We have been fortunate today that a lot of results went our way and we still 6 points clear of the relegation zone.

Try and stay positive.

BTW have ***nal turned into Boro lite? that is the type of thing we would do :)

was never going to be an easy again this and i thoguht at the start it would be very tigth. CP havent conceded at home since Novemeber and we dont score many. I dont except we are back to square one. It was just a bad day in the office, but we are deperate for a striker, just dont understand Boyd and Lita.

Well what can I say, there goes a game where we quite possibly played the worst team I have ever seen and yet couldn't hurt them. Our lack of height in the team is really troubling when it comes to these games. Overall I thought we lacked a decent idea on how to break them down and have very little chance when half of our players don't turn up.

My ratings:

Steele: 6 - didn't have a lot to do, pulled off a good save and didn't stand a chance with the deflection. Needs to work on distribution but then the wind was making high balls unpredictable.

McMahon: 7 - Probably one of our best players on the day

Bennett: 6 - Had a decent game, caught out with the ball a few times and would have liked to see him run with the ball more in attacking positions but generally competent.

Bates: 6- Solid until went off injured

Hines: 5 - Didn't have a terrible game by all accounts but at fault for the goal and almost did the same thing several times. Tried to use his feet when he should be sticking his head on the ball.

Bailey: 7 - Industrious, hard working, covering every position, rarely misplaced a pass and looks to be the engine of our midfield

Arca: 6 - good touches at times and always the most likely to create something. Guilty of losing the ball far too often with some slack play in the second half

Franks: 4 - Just didn't get into the game at all and subbed at half time.

Taylor: 5 - Static on the ball, king of passing backwards though, showed some decent touches at times to link Bennett and Arca together but doesn't offer enough attacking wise to be played on the left wing.

Boyd: 6 - I felt he should have stayed on the pitch, rarely got the ball but when he did he didn't do much wrong with it, we just don't get the ball to his feet anywhere near the box.

Lita: 4 - I'd give him a lower rating if it wasn't for the fact that he still tried up to 90 minutes. In one of those moods where he's going to do nothing right. First half every Boro attack stopped at Lita, ball bounced off him so many times with his first touch that you'd be excused for thinking he was wearing trampoline boots. Second half if he had passed instead of going himself then Park would have had a clear chance to score....selfishly stupid! Just wasn't a threat and should have gone off rather than Boyd. 2 million looks tasty right now!

This really was a game there for the taking though and I cna't help but feel if we had more of our players available we might have had a bit more power to get the goals needed. Palace really were one of the poorest teams I've ever seen and had one single plan....team full of 6ft+ players and hoof the ball up there.

agree with a lot you say starbuy. In particular I was a bit nonplussed as to the Boyd sub when Lita was having such a mare. I'm not saying I nkow better as TM obviously has a better brain for this but I do think he may want to do it differently if he did it again? When they talked about it it never crossed my mind that Boyd would come off.

Boyd for all his lazyness can actually produce something whereas Lita you knew wasn't going to score unless a defender booted one and it accidently came off his behind and went in that way...

I'm very disappointed with the result today obviously, however, I still remember one of Danny Coyne's after match statements from the beginning of the season, "We mustn't get to despondent when we lose, or get too carried away when we win." Good advice I thought.

Apart from anything else there's not much point in worrying about things you have no control over. It's just another bad season and I'm confident that we'll be able to push on next season with TM. As for today I've already forgot about about it.

I can't believe someone has said we are back to square one.

We are off the back of a 6 game unbeaten run, it was bound to end sometime. We have numerous players out due to injury. Our skipper had to be taken off when we were firmly in control of the match thus resulting in an untested centre back pairing between Hines and Grounds. Crystal Palace have not conceded a goal at home in 3 months. We have two new signings that have yet to play for us yet. I could go on and on.

Sure, we weren't brilliant today but we certainly aren't back to square one. Let us think back to where we were when Mowbray took over and where we are now. At the end of the day we have played 5 games since after Christmas that have been against the teams around us. And we have won 3, drawn 1, and lost 1. Surely everyone would have been happy with that?

FFS, let's get behind the team!