• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree

I know this has been done to death but there are still people coming on here who think £18k or £20k is peanuts - We are skint boys! - I think if we end up with a £10k ceiling like Blackpool then so be it - that is still half a million quid a year you know

Would love to keep Julio but if we can't then we can't

When you hear that Hedge Fund Managers earn £2.5b year, £1m a year (£20k a week) really is peanuts.

That isnt a good comparison Prowler.

Hedge Fund Managers only get paid such big money because they have made huge amounts of profits.

£20k per week would be peanuts for Boro to pay a player if we had an income of £100 million and we were seeing a net profit of £20 million.

But unfortunately our turnover has dropped to less than £30 million and we are losing £10 million + a season. This cannot continue hence why the club is being very prudent at the moment and rightly so.

There are plenty of examples out there of clubs who have got promoted to the Premiership on a sensible budget but they started off with their finances in order.We are the opposite, we have still got the outgoings of a small Premiership club and we need to make more cut backs. It is not an easy thing to do.

I know it isn't a good comparison, it's not like we're paying Beckham :P

I don't see the harm in having ONE player that earns £20k a week though, I know we currently have a couple but surely Hoyte and Boyd are off come summer?

Arca is much more important than them two, his experience is invaluable to us as well as to the youngsters.

I can see him going on to be a great coach for us too.

no player is bigger than the club

If we find offering 20k salary to a player ruins the club financially, we need to stop it and carry out a salary ceiling

Prowler ... what amazes me is Arca was a player for over 2 years that the fans wanted gone for various reasons but now that he has started to play well suddenly a lot a people want the club to offer him a new deal. The synic in me thinks isnt it amazing that he has suddenly started performing when his contract is coming to an end.

I do think Arca has performed a hell of a lot better this season but £20k a week? How many assists has he had this season?How many goals has he scored? Don't you think he slows us down? Mowbray wants fast attacking football, if that is the case then Arca isnt the man to do that.