oneBoro Forum

New User

Go easy on me guys new user

Long time Boro supporter who actually was at Hartlepool!

Season ticket holder for many years but now living in Norwich so it is now love from afar but once a red always a red

From where I am I think a bit of reality is needed - yes the samba days are over but I am filled with enormous pride that we have some local boys trying to do what the original 86 boys did

Some may say its easy for me to say this but I am shocked at the lack of support from Teesside as a whole - fair play to the 15/16000 who make it there but these boys need your help. Mogga is the man to get us up but he needs your support

Welcome to the forum Boro86!

Do you get to many games now?

Maybe we're back to the genuine fans that we're there back in the mid 80's when the club needed the support then, before the bandwagon jumpers of the samba days?

Maybe i'm just being cynical

TP,

Don't think so and I hate to say it but I agree totally. Current crowds are just a return to what we used to get before the Robson/Riverside era. Fantastic period in the clubs history that I definitely wouldn't swap but a million miles away from where we are today.

However, I've every faith in Mogga (although I can't see us ever having the money to compete at the level we were without a massive change in finances) and if we can get back to a top flight yo-yo club we'll be doing okay.

Welcome to the forums Boro 86.

Thanks for the welcome passenger

Dont get to many games - travelled up for first game of season and obviously went to Norwich down here - will try to get to Ipswich down here also but I miss the buzz

I agree with your point about the bandwagon jumpers but it is the people who come on here slagging off Steve Gibson simply because he has spent most of his dough and has had to cut back for now that do my head in.

Still it is a free society so maybe I am just being an old grump!

Well if the likes of Burnley and Blackpool can go up on a shoestring,

there is no reasons to believe why we cannot emulate them. The trick though is

to stay up and with TM at the helm I think we have every reason to be optimistic about the future of the club.

Welcome Boro 86, hope you like it here. The forum is desperately in need of some new faces.

Welcome to the forum Boro 86.

I do agree with you. It would be nice to see more people at the Riverside but then due to the economic climate and the club making no attempt to incentivise some of the old fans back with special prices on top of the dire Football we have had to watch over the last few years then it is kind of undestandable.

We have the right man now in charge and the Boro fans need to give him time to put together a side that is very capable of doing well in this league.In the short term its about staying in the Championship come May.

May be you want to read this thread:

http://oneboro.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=1805

welcome 86

i agree you can go up on a small budget but even that is getting harder every yr, this yr it was qpr with the big bucks next yr itll be leicester so that one place gone already