• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Not bothered, will not make the tiniest difference to us at all IMO. The thing that amazed me was that he's only 29, he has the mobility of a 35 year old.

Thanks Julio and good luck.

He looks about 35 as well... Hmmmmm.

Still, as this football tips blog suggests he won't have to go far to find a new club. There's always one side in the north-east willing to pay the wages of clapped out old footballers...

the reason for current austerity is due to financial mismanagement by the chairman and CEO. for which fans are now paying. an inability to negotiate meant we paid over the odds for players and their wages. due to the two top people not having a clue.

this wouldn't have been the case if we had a CEO who was any good.

the reason for current austerity is due to financial mismanagement by the chairman and CEO. for which fans are now paying. an inability to negotiate meant we paid over the odds for players and their wages. due to the two top people not having a clue.

What you say is very true BUT sadly a lot of players wouldn't have come for buttons,even if that was what they were worth.

What you say is very true BUT sadly a lot of players wouldn't have come for buttons,even if that was what they were worth.

Well looks like he will be going in the summer....

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6758940,00.html

He has been one of are better players of late but only just so don't think we will miss him for the money he is on...

Is there any club in the Premier League right now that isn't paying the silly money we paid?

The difference right now is that when we started out paying the bigger money, fees and wages were still at a level that Gibson could compete with. Now it has gone crazy and fees are way beyond anything we can afford and wages for the average players are higher than what we would have been paying Juninho in his 3rd spell.

There are a few clubs who are managing to stay afloat because of the TV rights and cheap signings being sold on for profit and I think we were right to start cutting back and aiming for that. Sadly it failed for us for various reasons and sure our leadership at the club must share that blame.

But I don't believe for one minute that an inability to negotiate meant we paid over the odds for players. We've been paying the going rate for some time, it's just that we can't really afford the going rate either because it's ridiculous. We've had some poor signings but so too have many other teams.

I just think there's a lot more to it than just blaming the CEO.

The problem is that we can't afford even basic Premiership money - Even Blackpool at £10k is way above where we will want to be - My guess is that we will have a ceiling for new contracts around the £5k level with only the odd marquee signing on around £10k - Every single Premier team plus a fair few in the Champo will be able to outbid us but at least it will mean that those players left want to be here! (i exclude the likes of Boyd , Mac , Hoyte etc who I think Mogga will offload in a heartbeat if he can but might be stuck with)

I actually quite like Julio and think he is a fair player. I believe he is a good honest pro who will do his best until he leaves but lets be honest is he really going to win us games ?

Boro 86 ... fans need to realise that the cupboard is bare and the club gambled the parachute payments (on top of trying to pay the continuing losses) to get promoted and it hasnt paid off. The club has been preparing for the best case scenario of another year in the Championship since Strachan left. Gibson cannot afford to keep propping up the club much longer, I said over a year ago that he has effectively put all his remaining money on red but unfortunately the ball has landed in the black.

Good luck to Julio, it is a shame that he couldnt produce the goods a few years ago for us.But now his contract is coming to an end he starts performing??? cynical, oh yes.

Lets face it if the man really wanted to stay because he loves the club and the area even if he had to take a £20000 per week pay cut he could still live a great life on 10k a week!

Not like me being asked to take a £100 per week cut on a wage of £500!

Look at Zemammas contribution on saturday and then try and remember Arca having a game where he has that much of a positive effect.

He did however turn a game for us recently when he gave away a stupid penalty that turned a winning position into a defeat. Said it before but I think we will not miss him at all and the more time that progresses the more confidence I have that TM knows exactly what to do.

good luck julio and up the boro.