oneBoro Forum

Andrew Taylor

Hi 'boro fans. We need Andrew Taylor back at WFC urgently and preferably permanently. Can get no news on this subject from our local rag or from the club. What are your opinions, please? Cheers

I was talking to Taylor the other day, he said he loved his time at Watford, thought the fans were great and enjoyed living down there but he didn't mention any plans about going back and said he's enjoying playing under Mowbray.

He is not good for us. Not creative enough for LW. I've said it before on here that he has no pace or skill, and his delivery is poor. I'd sell for a million.

Well, he balanced our side within a few games and as a left back he seems strong and competent. Think I'm right in saying that his only prof goal was scored for us. We rate him highly and you'd be hard pushed to find a Watford fan that doesn't really want him back. We haven't been able to pay more than a coupla hundred thousand for years now and we have a VERY strict wage policy which the club won't break. One million is out of the question for us. Thanks for the input guys. Have a good run-in.

I have always stated that I rate Taylor.MAC,Psycho & Mogga rate him also.It was only under the GS berks that he lost his way.He proved at Watford that he is a good player.I can not understand Vin saying he has no skill.You do not get into an England team with no skill.As for pace,I think thats a much overused word,no use being fast if you can't control the ball.

As for the summer,if MFC can not give him the contract he wants or merits,then sadly I will see him go & show how good he is at another club on the box next season.

He also said that he has no skill.

Takes skill to score a goal like that.

No doubt it takes a certain amount of skill to score a goal like that but I wasnt saying I agree with everything vinboro has said in this thread I was just commentating on that one post in which he clearly said 'for us'. Besides anyway Ive scored a couple of goals like that but Im not skillfull enough to play professionally. You can obviously 'fluke' moments of brilliance, this is also backed up by the fact that its only goal in senior football. But like I said thats nothing to with what I said anyway. Im not saying he isnt a good player or he is. Stop taking posts out of context.

...and what made you think I was refering to the part when he said "for us"?

I was just pointing out that he scored a beautiful goal... :S

Also, Tony McMahon has only scored 1 senior goal, so I don't get what your point is... Players can have skill without scoring many goals you know? :P