oneBoro Forum

Villa Await In The Quarters

Was at the game, worth payin £3 when your sat right next to boro legend stuart ripley! :D

anyway was even but villa just put more of their chances away and in the right net. Bruno Pilatos, Ben Gibson and Atkinson stood out for me while daniel johnson for villa ran us off the park all day.

Nice one! Rippers was my favourite player as a kid!

How did Wyke do?

Was at the game, worth payin £3 when your sat right next to boro legend stuart ripley! :D

anyway was even but villa just put more of their chances away and in the right net. Bruno Pilatos, Ben Gibson and Atkinson stood out for me while daniel johnson for villa ran us off the park all day.

Nice one! Rippers was my favourite player as a kid!

How did Wyke do?

Wyke had one chance and put it away. Pilatos made a mistake at the back stick for goal no 2. poor game too many mistakes from him despite his talent. Gibson played too much football in his penalty area. Atkinson however was a class act. "diver" Edwards got us a raft of free kicks but should have been booked early doors for diving. chances of acting career zero !! stick to football you are much better at it despite the prima donna antics. the lad could have been more effective if he stopped waving his arms about and got back to where he should have been, in position. I admit to liking players who graft rather than quitting when it does not go there way. Edwards needs to learn that the team's result is much more important than his. Kneeshaw might usefully benefit from the same advice.

Overall we were quite good and the third goal killed us - we scored it for them and Ripley had no chance. Villa are saying that they were much better. Not from where I was sat on about the half way line, some of our passing and movement was top notch

Did you see their academy manager on sky sports yesterday? aparrently they have just signed up 14 players (under 16 or 17) which is a record for them. they are obviously throwing a lot of money into their academy but as we know it doesnt always work.