oneBoro Forum

Is Alves really injured?

I like Alves. I think he will score goals in this division, and when there is talk of him leaving for £3M and being replaced by poor players for 50% more than that it is wrong. I want to see him have a good run of games.

The question is, is he really injured or is Southgate just waiting on a sale?

With Yeates and Johnson flying up the wings, surely having a goal scorer in the centre like Alves will get us the goals to get us promoted.

And that its worth a lot more than £3M!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Alves has played his last game for the club.

By returning late from training he showed a lack of respect to both the club and the fans. Southgate wants him off the wage bill and I am pretty sure Gibson wants the cash for him.

I am certain he could do a job in the Championship but we won't get a chance to see. He is going, and Southgate will not risk an injury to him at this stage.

If no-one comes in for him and we don't bring anyone else in then the senario might change, but until then he won't play for us.

he's not injured he played in that friendly set up 4 lita and scored 2 it was against some scotish prem team

He played 45 minutes against Motherwell,scored 2 goals then suddenly he is injured again.What a joke.

No play no pay

Perhaps the powers to be don't want him risking his foot,what with a few days remaining of the transfer window they maybe hoping on someone coming in for him.

I believe Gareth would play him given the chance,but we all know who's running the show don't we.

well said boroboy.but its up to gibson to decide what he wants more alves or 3mil.i know what i would rather have.you must think if he does score goals/we get promoted he will be worth treble or 4-fold.that must be worth the gamble.i think thats why hes still here.i cant see him going for so little money,makes no sense.

I think the club has a few problems with Alves and his future....

1) A player that obviously is not happy at Boro

2) His value is a lot less than we paid for him

3) His wages are high.

4) If we sell him now we will probably only get £3-£4 million BUT if he is sold the full amount that we agreed to pay for him would be due and I suspect we cannot afford to pay it.

The club is between and rock and a hard place.If they sell him then the clubs finances will be stretched and we cannot afford to buy a replacement, or do we keep him and convince him if he plays well then he will be sold (for a higher fee) next year.Alves is a big problem that the club could do without but Gibson bought him.

Play him.

Sit him down and tell him the club cannot afford to sell him this season. By playing and scoring goals (which I believe his is capable of doing in this division) he will increase his reputation and the cances are a club will come in and pay the asking price (whatever that may be). We are not helped by the fact the Pound isn't very strong against the Euro.

Gibson wants him moved on, but if no-one comes in for him we might as well play him. We are paying his wages. We have an asset sat there kicking his heels! Get him in the side! Even if he is just a sub, he might be able to turn a game.