Keeper in on loan....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

passenger: that would be spectacular news imo. If he signs for Forest do you think that they would cover all his wages??? That would obviously free up something for us and we might end up getting a striker replacement too?

Not sure about Paul Smith though? Not seen too much of him but hey ho, poor Ripley is not ready yet. Saying that he may be in tonight as i have just read a teamtalk story with mowbray backing him. Also may be mowbray trying to keep his confidence as he had a bit of a baptism of fire on saturday?? We shall see.

The deal is done apparently. It might even clear a bit of wages to bring in another CF and CD?

I don't know much about Paul Smith either, response so far seems positive though. I think he'll start tonight with Rippers on the bench

I do not attribute any blame to young Ripley,Infact his save towards the end was top drawer.Even Jimmy Platt would have looked suspect behind that defence.But then again they wouldn't have got past Maddren & Boam,Then Craggsey would have ate 'em.

Bring back Carlo Nash.

spot on passenger: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Nottingham-Forest-have-swooped-for-Middlesbrough-and-Scotland-striker-Kris-Boyd-in-a-shock-loan-deal-article711666.html

I wonder what this means for us? At least we will be better off for getting rid of most of his wages. this move is more than i hoped for really. I wonder whether we will get a striker and keeper in or maybe even a defender who can defend. If we did go for a defender it would probably only be a 4 week loan waiting for McManus to come back.

Forest season ticket holder here in peace. I thought you might appreciate an honest appraisal of Paul Smith...

He's an excellent shot stopper with all the attributes you'd want in a top keeper: height, agility, quick reflexes, strong hands. His downfall though is a lack of confidence. He doesn't have the aggresive, assertive nature that you need and that marks out keepers like Paddy Kenny & Lee Camp in this division. Smith tends to be very quiet and this can cause confusion in defenders as he constantly fails to command his area. He's also fairly weak on crosses. It's frustrating, if anything, as most of these weaknesses should have been coached out of him. That said, and given your 'keeping crisis at the moment, I don't believe you could have found a better stand-in. He will make good saves and hopefully, earn you a few extra points. I don't want to see Middlesbrough go down.

What has caused Boyd to be such a disappointment this season? I was one of many who thought he'd score a sackload at this level. Have Forest got a good deal on a player who's just not suited to Middlesbrough?

Thanks for that!

What we probably need between the sticks is someone who will command the area... doesn't sound like we're getting that.

Boyd is bone idol, at the moment we need everybody to be scrapping. I think given the right service he'll score goals for fun in this league, but if you're after a team player... forget it!

my personal opinion is that Boyd is a good player who can make it at this level. However, he doesn't suit our team. He is used to a team dominating possession and being camped on the edge of the penalty box (Rangers). For that reason he doesn't have to run the lines, chase, defend back, jump for too many balls. Unfortunately that is the kind of striker Boro need right now. It appears he is lazy, unitnterested and not wanting to work hard but the reality is that he is not a grafter, he is more of a luxury.

He will probably bang them in for fun for you and end up top scorer in the championship. In a way I hope he does because then we may get some value when we sell him! Good luck with the rest of the season and promotion!!