• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Other first year that they have done it, classed as a man league now I believe. They used to split it between two teams and run in a league on a Saturday and Sunday, not sure of the plans this year but certainly worth 90 mins of your time one weekend, there's another ginger haired kid called brad, I think he will be something special, he has spent time at Bradford I believe.

• 10 months later...

Because his parents separated and remarried? or something along those lines

His name is Lewis Scoble, that's what the English FA has used, but that's not what he is known as. He is known as Junior (because his older brother is a lewis also I believe?) Mondal (his mothers name?)

Same with Priestly Griffiths (FA has called him Priestly Keithley)

I'd have guessed that if it was just a second name change. Thought it was a bit weird that his 1st name had changed too. Like he was trying to be some plastic Brazilian or something.

Mind you, if he wanted to be known as a plastic Brazilian he could have just called himself Merkin :D

• 7 months later...

A bit of a random question I'm hoping you can help me with Powlay. Which players have impressed you most from the ages groups that you've watched this season?.

Especially how has Cooke done as he has looked quality the couple of times I've seen his games on TV.

Yeah Cooke has impressed me U18 wise, he makes that side tick. Also been impressed with Mark Kitching (clearly so has someone else as he moved from U18s to U21s) and Priestly Griffiths.

4 guys at the back for the U18s have been impressive at times as well. LB Nathan McGinley, RB Jonathan Helm and CB's Dael Fry and Matty Elsdon.

U21s ive not seen that much due to it being a monday game day but Bryn Morris has been key and Brad Halliday has really looked fantastic im told.

I caught the first half of our under 18's game v Liverpool on Liverpool TV and Cooke looked very calm and composed on the ball under pressure like he always does.

Good to hear that Morris has done well as I was slightly worried after the tricky time his age group had adjusting to the changes last season.

The academy seems to have a knack of regularly bringing decent defenders through the system so hopefully them 4 guys can keep up the tradition. Thanks for the info.