oneBoro Forum

Oneboro Predictions League

Hi,

Let me introduce myself - I am Andy I have been on this forum for a while and also a user of the 606 football forum. Myself and a few others run a predictions league currently residing on the 606 Forums. Now as you maybe aware the 606 forum is closing at the end of the current season. With his in mind a few weeks ago our competition has come to an agreement with the kind people who run this forum that this will be our new home.

We will have our own area within the forum (like the fantasy football competition that is currently running) so please don't worry about us clogging up the main forum - this will be the one and only thread that appears here, all being well.

So to the point of my thread. We as a competition would like to grow and develop. All of our current participants are signing up as we speak, off the top of my head those already to join are the users

Kayleigh the borolass (Hammy)

Paphossmoggy

Jesus

Welshy

Treknut

Paulista were the days

Chickenlunch

Oslo Syd

Gladgarethhasgone

Foggansflyingpig

Aboysendregular

Huntsboro (Dyrewolfe)

Bernie4manager

Kier

OzzyOslavdo

Smogster king

the one and only borogully

Borocelona

Lostinstoke

Alex - the little red hen

2plus2

Cornishboroboy

They are all good contributors to the forum on 606 and I am sure will be here also - there are of course more to follow. I hope they receive the same friendly welcome that I did and enjoy reading and contributing to this forum.

So if you are interested in partaking in the PL next season or even in this season just for a bit of fun as we have no spare spaces at the moment then please post below.

We have had some guest predictors so far this season in the form of Kevin Thompson, Joe Bennett, Cameron Park, Andy Halliday and some no-mark Journos from both the Gazette and the Northern Echo. We hope to have the same in the future. With a few players interested in taking part fully in the competition.

This seasons prize for the winner is a home/away shirt in their size. Next season we hope to have something a little more substantial.

The competition is free, good for banter and can be as little as 5 minutes a week of your time if you wish!

We have our own website - http://boropredictionsleague.co.uk/Home.aspx take a look

I am sure a few of you will have visited it before as we used to have the live radio stream of the game before the BBC told us off!

Have a look and if you want to join in or want to know more.. the please post below!

You can also follow us on twitter @boropl

Andy

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Barticus,

Possibly the main difference is this isn't just about who can predict the most correct scores.

Each week you play a fixture against an opponent - one of your fellow predictors. So you gain 3 points for predicting more right, 1 point for the same right and 0 for predicting less - it works in exactly the same way as the football league. This way it adds a different competitive edge to a normal totalising scoring system! It also stops people from losing interest as you can have a poor start to the season and finish strongly and still have a chance of the main prize! We also normally only predict on the results of the league that Middlesbrough are playing in. We also ask you to predict the first scorer in the Middlebrough fixture (fixtures are always Saturday games, so if Boro aren't playing we pick a game at random).

Take a look at our website it should make it a little clearer how it works.

Thepassenger - if we get more interest then we will look to set up some 'friendly' fixtures soon. I am sure there would be some good competition and banter from oneboro members - this is why we chose this as our new home!

Same goes for anyone interested - feel free to predict and I will arrange ad-hoc friendly matches as we go.

thepassenger has already predicted via our website - so the next to do so will be his competitor for this weekend.

We usually run a deadline of 11pm on Friday (606 forum closing time) but for friendlies i am happy for this to be extended to 12pm Saturday.