oneBoro Forum

For how much longer can Taylor hoodwink Mogga

Last I heard there's an offer on the table for Taylor, but no movement on his part, if nothing better comes along he'll stay.

Can't see it meself, he'll be off in the summer allright.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I agree with you Stocktonman , i don't think Taylor is anything special these days and certainly not playing in midfield.His body language doesnt do him any favours, he looks like a teenager having a strop most of the time.

Mogga keeps on talking about fast attacking football , if he plans us to play like that in the near future then Taylor has to be out of the squad.

First of all, I haven't had the chance to watch Boro on many occasions this season, so my commenting on Taylor is purely based on what i have read or listened to on the radio. Something i do regard vital in a team playing fast attacking football is good passingskills, and to all accounts, on this level Taylor seem to have that. We need to be able to keep hold of the ball, and to me it seems like the left side is working well at the moment, with Bennett adding the pace and trickery, and Taylor passing and keeping hold of the ball. "poor mans Arca"?

• 2 weeks later...

Well I can not see Watford stumping up much more than us.Plus Mogga wants to see him stay if financially possible.So Mogga must see things differently to posts here on this forum.Taylor is a half decent player.Nothing exciting.He may not have fulfilled his potential,but then again how many do???

Having watched another complete nonentity of a performance today for an hour before he was hooked my opinion has hardened.He is a con man who spends more time hiding than doing anything else.Get Rid.He made not a single contribution to the game and the team.

The way I see it with Taylor is - there's an offer of a contract on the table for him, the longer he leaves it the more time Mogga has to asses his performances, if he puts the effort in and committment and shows some form then we'll all be happy and he deserves his contract.

But if he continues to put performances in like yesterday and then goes knocking on the Gaffers door at the end of the season when no-one else offers him a better contract, Mowbray can turn round and say, 'sorry son you havnt earned it, on yer bike'!

SIMPLES :)

Would normally agree chum,but you are forgetting Lambs part in all of this contract malarkey.Do not forget it was him & daftarris that gave him 15K in the first place.I like Taylor, but I would not give him a long contract,long contracts bring contempt.

I can only think of Jason Steele that other clubs maybe coveting at present.Maybe Bennett.I can not see a host of clubs banging our door down to get Taylor,Boyd,Digard & Arca.Not in the present financial climate.

Yes,get yer young uns on decent contracts.Ensure we get a % of any future moves.Also be able to loan them back if possible.We should also ensure first refusal at a decent price.

It always seems to me that apart from a few,we have virtually given them away.