Steve Bruce looking at Bennett and McDonald

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Think it will have to be silly money for bennett to go as Prowler said but would be nice if we can shift Little Mac out.....

Would Bennett want to leave as he is playing every week and still very young and only just signed a new deal in Jan....

hope bennett stays - i wouldnt have thought he was on daft money is he?

wouldnt be bothered about losing mcd - im sure TM could find a good, cheaper replacement.

just looked at the link. i like the bit where it says bennett made further progress with strachan. haha good one sky!

Deffs need to keep Bennett. Can't see him wanting to move to Sunderland like when he just signed a new contract and ofcourse being a Boro lad i wouldn't think they would offer him the high wages to make him move. Liverpool and Man City however....

I can't bare to see us sell another top quality youngster. Id rather us sell the likes of McDonald, Lita, Thomson etc. Its sickening watching Match of the Day on a Saturday night thinking how we would still be in the Premiership if we didn't sell all our quality younsters. However if its stupid money(especially if its true that Man City are interested) then everyone would understand.

clubs can offer whatever they like, if we sell mcdonald for 3m bennett for 4m ( just examples not what i think there worth) then the club isn't going to give TM the 7m to strengthen the squad in reality that would go into the bank to help improve our situation and mowbray would get 1-2m? if hes lucky.

so in no way should we sell bennett not even for silly silly money in my opinion especially when his wages will be the kind of wages we want to pay for this division

I would keep Thomson like he's a quality player when he isn't injured and still quite young.

agreed, living in scotland i know a lot of rangers fans and all of them want him back, they all rate him highly and are quite open about the fact they want him to fail down here so they can take him back, personally i like him as a player and would love for him to stay injury free and run our midfield.

I can't bare to see us sell another top quality youngster. Id rather us sell the likes of McDonald, Lita, Thomson etc. Its sickening watching Match of the Day on a Saturday night thinking how we would still be in the Premiership if we didn't sell all our quality younsters. However if its stupid money(especially if its true that Man City are interested) then everyone would understand.

imagine how west ham fans must feel with

carrick,ferdinand,lampard,defoe,cole

thats half the england side

Not quite sure if Mowbray or Gibbo would be happy either to see Bennet being sold off.

Truth is Mowbray needs to keep the skeleton of this team,if he wants to start next season running and not hiccuping his way along.

Knowing Gibson he will have big pow wow at the end of this season and state quite catergorically that next season we need to win promo:Mowbray will then counter but how can I do that if every bugger is for sale at a price I need to keep the strength of the team.Gibbo will then give Mowbray guarantees that players like Bennet will not be sold.

Also I do feel that Bruce can't be looking at mounting any kind of challenge on europe next year if he is looking at players like McDonald and Bennet for a start Bennet is not the finished article by a long chore and Bruce can spend his money better and a experienced leftback and McSkippy well we have all seen how he has took so long to adjust to the championship,just what makes Bruce think that this fella could ever replace his present forwards.

If it is true that Bruce is interested then woo betide Blunderland next season.. :D

Steve Bruce knows that if he buys Bennett for £3m now in 2 years he should be worth double that. He has a habit of picking up players and getting them to achieve, Catts is a prime example. We thought Wigan paid over the odds but they made a huge profit.

Sunderland seem to be keen to cut their cloth a little more economically these days and a forward who can link the midfield and score goals is worth his weight, again £3m would be cheap by Prem prices so I don't think Bruce is that daft after all he's won nothing but is never out of a job is he? :huh:

Joe Bennett has tweeted today saying he doesnt know where the rumours about Liverpool,City and Sunderland have come from but he is going nowhere.

Unfortunately Joe if there is a big offer for you then you might be on your way.

I personally think he should stay a bit longer at Boro , he is still young and learning plus he is getting a regular game.