oneBoro Forum

Steve Bruce looking at Bennett and McDonald

I just had a vision of the boro squad in two years time, keep the faith you guys:

......................Graham.....................

Brunt.....................................Johnson

.............Downing......Morrison...........

.....................Cattermole...................

Bennet.......Bates......Wheater...Williams

......................Steele.......................

Now isnt that a mouthwatering team? :D

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Yeah,but I don't think he was on about Steve Round or maybe Harrison.I think he's on about Crosby,Coops & Agnew etc.

He was coming on a bundle under George & Doriva.Then he had no one to look up to or lean on.The rest as they say is history.

He needs a strong manager to channell his aggression.

If we were to sell Bennett,we need to put in a clause about loaning him back,& having 1st option at reasonable price.

I agree Linthorpian2009, such a clause would make a lot of sense. If we do cash in on Bennett, then I hope Taylor signs a new deal, and become our regular left back again.

If Taylor does move on, then 15k a week, or whatever he is earning, will free up around 800000 pounds in wages, that is quite a bit of money, and will hopefully enable us to keep Bennett, or at least hold out for a better price.

A potential back four of Taylor-Bates-Williams-Mcmahon looks good imo.

"I dont get how you can say that though when I remember you making a thread about how our players always improve after leaving us, with you suggesting that our coaches were not up to it. "

Never once did I ever knock the coaching staff under McClaren,under Southgate yes but not McClaren.

Although in your favour you weren't about in the early days were you.

Plus I don't actually believe I have wrote that the players have improved only that they may under better coach's.

The only one I feel that as done this is Downing by the way, and he deserves better internationally.

Never once did I ever knock the coaching staff under McClaren,under Southgate yes but not McClaren.

Fair enough if you were on about under Southgate and not Mclaren.

Although in your favour you weren't about in the early days were you.

Ah the good old condescending Sgt Pepper; I may not be as old as you but I was attending matches at Ayersome park so I was certainly about for the Mclaren era

Like many I used to lurk before I joined but I was definately signed up when he was questioning our coaches because it was not that long ago. the jist of the thread was 'why do our players always improve when they leave us' and players like Morrison, Brunt and Graham were mentioned and Im sure sarge was quite vocal in the thread (with others also) saying 'it must be because our coaches are crap' and my argument was that players after leaving us have got more game time, matured physically a***st other things etc and it wasnt all down to poor coaching. But whatever, my main point was that Cattermole has not gone backwords since leaving us at all and imo anyone who thinks that doesnt really know that much about football or has not seen him play enough.

Your telling porkies again Flemming the reason I say this is because I have never in my life rated Brunt or Graham so to say that I would come on here and say they have improved well all I can say is thats in your big imagination.I did'nt even know we had a player called Brunt.?

Has for Graham I may have said he should have been given a chance which I believe he was'nt,but that is not saying I think he's improved.

Just like when you say that Cattermole as improved and of course you can see this and no bugger else can.

I think he should be on part time wages playing for Blunderland.

Once again I will state in open mail that Cattermole "would have done better to stay at Boro under a decent manager and the older heads around him at the time teaching him the rights and wrongs."

But he was unlucky he got "Southgate The Destroyer" instead.:angel:

Oooops nearly forgot and Southgates coaches as well..:D :P

Your telling porkies again Flemming the reason I say this is because I have never in my life rated Brunt or Graham so to say that I would come on here and say they have improved well all I can say is thats in your big imagination.

Well I did say iirc (if i recall correctly) so yes I could of been mistaken. Which is a lot different to lying.

Also why dont you rate Brunt or Graham?

Has for Graham I may have said he should have been given a chance which I believe he was'nt,but that is not saying I think he's improved.

You dont think Graham has improved since leaving Boro?

Just like when you say that Cattermole as improved and of course you can see this and no bugger else can.

how can you say no one else can see that cattermole has improved since leaving boro. Wigan paid 3.5mill for him then he was transfered to Sunderland for 8mill so I can think of at least one other person who thinks he has improved.

He still has his obvious faults but he has improved imo. Last season he was great for sunderland. But because your 'Boro til you die' and all that you probably wont ever give any mackem player credit which is fair enough but nethertheless still wrong.

Oh hang on here is the post I was on about

sarge how harsh can you be ..are you saying all the players that made it are through natural ability and all the ones that didnt were because of the coaches!!!

Rich ffs don't start twisting my words.

Simply put if a player hasn't got it he won't make it.

Players that have come through the MFC over the past few years "without naming names cos I am tired" have all had natural abilities in one form or other.But when it has come them them stepping up to take on the first team most have failed because our coaches at the time only knew how to fetch them so far.

Then they have to move on to better their futures in experience and of course money.

Cattermole/Downing/Jinky/Morrison/Taylor/Walker/ *** do I have to keep writing names you all know them.

Not one of them was the finished article because our coaches were just not upto it.

Now we have Mowbray and Venus to very good defensive players in their times and I am hoping they will teach Bates/McMahon/Bennet/Hines/Grounds, and some of the youth their tricks of the trade and hopefully we will end up with some of these kids staying at the club either for the rest of their careers or later into their 20s when they are the real deal and if they leave they do so with Boro getting a fair transfer fee.

Now thats the reason I am saying keep whatever money we make in January because I feel that if Mowbray/Venus are good coaches they could teach these lads alot.

Is that to much to ask.

So I wasnt exactly 'lying'

I don't think so TP.

Flemming started by saying that I was digging out all the coaching staff which I proved him wrong "only the coaching staff under Southgate" not McClaren.

Then he goes on to say that I wrote about players that I had'nt,"again proved him wrong."

Now he fetch's up a sentence and tries to twist it round

"Then they have to move on to better their futures in experience and of course money. Cattermole/Downing/Jinky/Morrison/Taylor/Walker."

Why of course I wrote it but its just proving exactly what I am saying now that the youth had to leave because the coaching at the time under Southgate was crap.

Yes they left for more experience and money well Cattermole got the money alright but lets face it the only person that believes in him as its been pointed out by Flemming was a kicker himself for nigh on 20 yrs of his playing career was spent kicking the sh*te of of players from Gillingham to Sheffield, so there was no way he was going to learn anything from him was there.

Apart from where and when to hit them that is.

As for me being old school Boro yes I am Flemming and bloody proud of it.

I speak as I find hate geordies and maccums fans and teams.

Given the chance to watch footy on the box I would watch Dags and Redbridge before them two even Southend.

Please don't get me started on Leeds Utd.. :D:D

I don't think so TP.

Flemming started by saying that I was digging out all the coaching staff which I proved him wrong "only the coaching staff under Southgate" not McClaren.

Then he goes on to say that I wrote about players that I had'nt,"again proved him wrong."

Now he fetch's up a sentence and tries to twist it round

"Then they have to move on to better their futures in experience and of course money. Cattermole/Downing/Jinky/Morrison/Taylor/Walker."

First of all I never STARTED by saying you were digging out all the coaches (seriously go back and read this thread again) I started by disagreeing with you by saying I think Cattermole has improved since leaving us.

I then said I thought you would have agreed he has improved because I remembered you making a post about about how our players always seem too improve after leaving us. Which it turns out you did. You also said it could be down to the coaches (see below)

But when it has come them them stepping up to take on the first team most have failed because our coaches at the time only knew how to fetch them so far

What coaches I was on about is neither here or there. Yes I did remember some of the details of the post incorrectly but cut me some slack you did post it about 4 months ago so I did well to remember it regardless.

Look I know you never back down and this got boring about 4 posts ago so lets just leave it eh.