oneBoro Forum

Potential transfer targets for next season

Considering that this site has posters from all around the globe, I figure we all have knowledge of hidden gems around in lesser known leagues that our newly appointed scouts should have a look at?

Id like to suggest a coupe of players from the norwegian Top division, Tippeligaen.

Celso Borges, costa rican midfielder that can play anywhere across the midfield or as a forward. 22 years old and has been playing in Norway for the last 2,5-3 years. When he signed for Fredrikstad, people were asking why he didnt sign for a fashionable german club. I havent seen a midfielder dictate a game in the way he has since Jon Obi Mikel played for FC Lyn. He will be leaving for Europe in the next transferwindow. The only question is to who. Mowbray brought Robert Koren, well this guy is a lot better then Koren was/is. My guess, he will sign for FC Copehagen in the next transfer-window.

Another potential signing, although this is a bit more wishful thinking: Anthony Ujah. Finished topscorer for Lillestrøm last season, and started this season blasting in 4 goals against the frequent Uefa cup team Stabæk. 20 years old, this guy is a huge talent, and I would be very surprised if he didnt end up for a top 4 club in one of the bigger leagues in a couple of years. If he was norwegian, he would be a guarantied starter in our national team. Would love to see him use Boro as a steppingstone to greatness.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Yeah Celso Borges is a good player. But he could go to teams better than us.

I think this thread may be a bit premature as we have no clue who we will sell and how much money will be available.

He is likely to, yes. But Ujah is even more likely. I agree that a lot of things need to be sorted before we can bring in any new players, but I still think that when we have scouts at the club, there is no reason why we shouldnt be utilizing them, looking at exciting prospects like these two.

The more proactive we can be, ahead of a new season, the better and identifying new targets early are important in order to make a proper assessment. We cant afford to make mistakes in the transferwindow anymore.

We have a creative player... You know, Zemmama? :P

We need a centre back, Davies will be back off to Stoke, highly doubt that McManus will stay, same goes for Haas.

That leaves us with what? Bates, Williams (who doesn't know where his best role is), Hines and Grounds (who may also be off)

The more proactive we can be, ahead of a new season, the better and identifying new targets early are important in order to make a proper assessment. We cant afford to make mistakes in the transferwindow anymore.

I fully agree but its not us (the members of this forum) who are responsible for buying players. But thats not my point anyway, Im just saying its hard for us to suggest who we should buy when we dont know who is leaving or what our budget looks like.

The mos important positions to fill are the spine of the team - A solid keeper who commands his defence, a strong center back who could ideally be captain, a creative center midfielder (with or without pace) and an out and out striker.

To me we have never replaced Schwarzer, Southgate, Yakubu, Viduka or Hasslebaink

Why are we still mentioning a creative cm? We have Zemmama!

Give him a bloody chance before we buy another one.

Better to have cover or an extra one to give other teams something to think about. I know were not the same quality, but it hasn't hurt ***nal, barcelona or real Madrid packing the midfield with creativity!!

Young Josh McEachran from Chelsea would be a great loan signing as would 23 year old Lorenzo De Silvestri from Valencia who can play right wing but is also a good right back. Both maybe out of our league but they hardly get a game at the big clubs they are at.

Young Josh McEachran from Chelsea would be a great loan signing as would 23 year old Lorenzo De Silvestri from Valencia who can play right wing but is also a good right back. Both maybe out of our league but they hardly get a game at the big clubs they are at.

That's because he IS a right back...

...And he also plays for Fiorentina and has played 19 games for them this season.

It doesnt do us any harm discussing potential signings for next season, lets face it there isnt anything exciting to talk about relating to Boro at the moment :)

I'm looking forward to putting this season behind us and seeing Mowbray work some magic in the transfer market.

That's because he IS a right back...

...And he also plays for Fiorentina and has played 19 games for them this season.

........showing my lack of foreign football knowledge here:dodgy:.