oneBoro Forum

reserves v leeds

Do not expect a good result. They have won their last two matches 6-0

Last year we lost 0-2 and Tesor Kandol scored them both. Bradley Johnson bullied Bruno Pilates out of the game. Andy Taylor played beside him in Midfield and looked thoroughly disinterested. The last game I saw Riggott play and he handled Kandol well but his partner Grounds was in all sorts of bother playing against taller forwards who can jump

Was about 1500 there last year but not many form the Boro

Leeds United team and subs for this evening's match

Cairns, Thompson, L Turner, N Turner, Naylor, Cardwell, Booker, Snodin, McCormack, Baxendale, Taylor.

Subs: Paulat-Brigg, Byram, Qualter, Poleon, Lenighan, Payne, Killock.

Ross McCormack scored 4 last time out against Harlepool and 7 in the last 4 games for the reserves

looks like messrs Davies, Haas and McManus will have their work cut out

I will be there tonight, if anyone uses twitter and wants up-dates im on @Boroyouths (yes that opinionated bugger is me)

Apparently they have 9 academy players in their squad, a lot of inexperience.

Wyke on the scoresheet again! Well done lad.

Did we play 3 CB's with Davies, McManus, and Haas?

No sign of Haas

Ripley saved a penalty which was justice as it was harshly given. the pen taker for Leeds was Ross McCormack ( ex Motherwell ?)who played ok to start with but the penalty miss and a free kick over the bar seemed to sap his enthousiasm. Mick and Davva made fairy sure he did not realy have a sniff from open play.

Wyke is much more than a bang it in merchant. I've seen him in the flesh twice now and he's scored both times

We also put it over from the 6 yard box and their left back with Park breathing down his neck hit the post. Andy Haliday could have easily had a couple as well

4 starters played at Villa Park and in total 7 players from that game had a run out.

Flood looked a bit rusty but he did get into the game after a while but will need more game time before he's back in the first team. Mick appears ready now. Davies I'm not so sure he came back on after half time with some strapping but covered up ? I like the lad as a player but he has his limitations. He's a defender who gets stuck in but subtlety is not for him nor is real football skills. He struggles to pick a pass out of defence, for example, - much happier to just hoof it

Wyke on the scoresheet again! Well done lad.

Did we play 3 CB's with Davies, McManus, and Haas?

No sign of Haas

Ripley saved a penalty which was justice as it was harshly given. the pen taker for Leeds was Ross McCormack ( ex Motherwell ?)who played ok to start with but the penalty miss and a free kick over the bar seemed to sap his enthousiasm. Mick and Davva made fairy sure he did not realy have a sniff from open play.

Wyke is much more than a bang it in merchant. I've seen him in the flesh twice now and he's scored both times

We also put it over from the 6 yard box and their left back with Park breathing down his neck hit the post. Andy Haliday could have easily had a couple as well

4 starters played at Villa Park and in total 7 players from that game had a run out.

Flood looked a bit rusty but he did get into the game after a while but will need more game time before he's back in the first team. Mick appears ready now. Davies I'm not so sure he came back on after half time with some strapping but covered up ? I like the lad as a player but he has his limitations. He's a defender who gets stuck in but subtlety is not for him nor is real football skills. He struggles to pick a pass out of defence, for example, - much happier to just hoof it

Cheers for the write up mate! Davies is more in the Wheater mold then. I suppose with Bates or Williams playing along side him we wouldn't have to worry too much about him not being able to play it out from the back. Good news on McManus. If he really does look match fit and ready, I wouldn't mind having him and Williams our Centre Back pairing for saturday.

Cheers for the right up mate! Davies is more in the Wheater mold then. I suppose with Bates or Williams playing along side him we wouldn't have to worry too much about him not being able to play it out from the back. Good news on McManus. If he really does look match fit and ready, I wouldn't mind having him and Williams our Centre Back pairing for saturday.

Ah you memory doesn't go back to Davies when he came through initially. He looked as though he was going to take over one of the central defensive slots but his lack of anything other than good basics caused him to be moved to right back. The next season Wheater came into the pre season games and played really well. I saw him at Burnley and thought whoo!

Mick Mac never had a great deal of pace but he usually does enough and he had to stretch his legs fully once last night. He made it getting across to one of the fit fast and enthouosiastic Leeds lads. Playing him with a man who can provide the pace and subtlety he lacks like Williams or Bates seems fine. It will be interesting to see how far the Yak has regressed against Leicester

Pilatos also had a good game by far and away the best I've seen from him and Kyle Olivers first touch is normally a joy to watch even under pressure

Ah you memory doesn't go back to Davies when he came through initially. He looked as though he was going to take over one of the central defensive slots but his lack of anything other than good basics caused him to be moved to right back.

Surely a 'lack of anything other than good basics' is not a good reason to move someone to right back. Imo fullbacks have to be better 'footballers' than centre backs.

How did Weldon play at left-back last night, last I seen of him he was playing centre-back in the reserves.

We are going to need cover for Bennett next season and there now seems to be a bit of promise coming from our young lads there. It has been a big problem for us in the past.

I'd imagine Gibson would be able to do a decent job there to, although I know he's been playing at centre-back.

How did Weldon play at left-back last night, last I seen of him he was playing centre-back in the reserves.

We are going to need cover for Bennett next season and there now seems to be a bit of promise coming from our young lads there. It has been a big problem for us in the past.

I'd imagine Gibson would be able to do a decent job there to, although I know he's been playing at centre-back.

Weldon did ok but also Reach was playing on the left wing. He was left back at Villa Park. He appears to be bigger and faster. I've never seen Weldon at central defence. Instinctively he looks a bit small for that role. It was interesting that he seemed to turn inside a lot and I wondered if he was stronger on his right foot than his left but cannot get into right back because of Bruno. The pair did work well together. Both were enthusiastic going forward and maybe a little too enthusiastic

When Gibson came on he played on the right hand side of CD with Mick on the left and coped. He is going to be a good player as his basic technique seems spot on.