oneBoro Forum

Youth Adam Jackson scored for Eng U17s

I am pretty sure that Bennett (Rochdale but has lived in Boro/Just outside since Primary school or something) and Pilatos (Angola) aren't completely local either.

Pretty sure Bennett was originally spotted by Newcastle, was unsuccessful and then we picked him up.

Im gonna assume you also believe Newcastle is within 30 minles as well?

Going through them,

Ripley - born Middlesbrough - came from Blackburns academy

Weldon - Sunderland

Oliver - ashington Pliatos - Angola - came through our academy

Gibson - Nunthorpe

Atkinson - shildon

Reach - gateshead - brought in from chester le strees as a 2nd year (released by newcastle and pools at some point)

Roberts - chester le street - brought in late as a 1st year released by sunderland at some point

Galpin - hebburn

jackson - Darlington

Fowler - Sunderland

Park - Middlesbrough

Dolan - Hartlepool

Brobbel - Hartlepool

Edwards - Middlesbrough

Rivers - spennymoor

Sirrell - thornaby

Waters - thornaby (related to Sirrell)

Williams - Middlesbrough

Marinos - Cyprus - family brought over by the club apparently when he wasnt yet 16!

Kneeshaw - Darlington

Wyke - Middlesbrough

that doesnt include those recently released whic included Otte and Rouchias. (or Sellars who was born in Leeds and came out of the blackburn academy)

Now im rubbish at counting, but i would suggest more than 3 of those are outside of your magical 30 mile radius!

oh yeah, i know. Like i said we always have had outside players come through our academy. Clearly united, ***nal etc have more of a pull and bring in more. But its hardly like we dont do it.

ok but 30 miles wasnt supposed to be a bolt on exact lets measure it with a tape figure .

take a look at the man utd youths most are from a different country (no tape measure needed)

if id said the north east for us and greater manchester for them they would still have a huge percentage more than us . i was only making the point that if you go and poach or buy half your youth team from abroad or other teams then you are going to have a larger percentage make it in pro football otherwise why are you bothering..