Season Ticket Prices?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I think what Derby County are doing with the 6 and 12 match package is the way forward for football clubs,and I reckon alot of clubs over the next couple of seasons will realise this and hopefully it will become the norm.UTB.

yes Stocktonman granted the last month we have been a lot lot better, and i would be gutted if we keep it up next season, im just 1 of them optimistic muppets who always believe the hype and i have just felt so short changed the last 4 seasons. and 600 quid on a credit card when you are only working part time is a massive slice of our disposable income.

i just feel disenfranchised from the club and feel that instead of trying to con us with false statements they should lay it on the line and a least make us feel like were valued

i for 1 wont be renewing my season tickets, this includes my 2 children as well. .....so yes if the prices were halfed or something i would get another season ticket otherwise i am afraid thats it for me and the family.

i feel so strongly short changed that i doubt i will ever go to a game again :@

What? You believe the £95 kids price should be halved?

At the minute a game costs £16.10 (roughly) when buying a ST, a kids ticket is around £4, so for £20 an adult and kid get into the match. Thats not bad, i really dont understand people syaing half it, drop it down massivly etc.

I do agree though regarding fans feeling dissfranchised from the club.

What do people suggest though to bring the fans closer to the club or the club closer to the fans?

(im a member of the fans forum btw so some ideas i can throw out towards the club)

During the off season some open (free ticket) training and signing sessions would be a great idea. Let the fans see that the players/coaches/club that they want the fans to be involved.

Would be great during the summer holidays the kids are the future and if at the weekends then the parents could bring them down..

Maybe we would also feel less disconnected if we actually heard more from the club rather than the stony silence that we currently have

During the off season some open (free ticket) training and signing sessions would be a great idea. Let the fans see that the players/coaches/club that they want the fans to be involved.

Would be great during the summer holidays the kids are the future and if at the weekends then the parents could bring them down..

Maybe we would also feel less disconnected if we actually heard more from the club rather than the stony silence that we currently have

Each of the last few seasons there has been a open training session at the riverside, which has gone down fantastically well. Last years was great, team photo ending in a match.

All of the players went both sides of the tunnel to sign shirts, books and what not.

In Spain these type of things are a lot more frequent mainly due to the weather, thousands upon thousands turn up for the biggest teams.

I wonder if they could look at doing a couple more maybe, or even bringing back a home friendly at the riverside.

Im not privy to why they stopped them. But im of the opinion fans want to see their side at least once in the pre season to see the new signings etc. Home friendlies have always gone down quite well really.

Going to watch football for entertainment????

How times have changed that football now is regarded as an entertainment industry.

I go to watch Boro, not for entertainment but, for the sheer pride it gives me to watch the team that represents my birthplace, no matter what the result or what division we are in.

If you want entertainment I`m sure the Red coats at Butlins are just down your street.

Of course people go to be entertained. You yourself are being implicitly entertained (despite the fact you feel you would go anyway) its the highs and lows of following Boro; because you care about following Boro the matches make your adrenaline pump and that feels good, boy does it feel good and something that makes you feel good is entertainment. Football is the greatest unscripted drama on earth. Some people like yourself are diehards and will go for whatever is being served up. Chairmen love you, but you are still being entertained whether you relise it or not.

en·ter·tain·ment

[en-ter-teyn-muhnt] –noun

the act of entertaining; agreeable occupation for the mind; diversion; amusement: Solving the daily crossword puzzle is an entertainment for many.

something affording pleasure, diversion, or amusement, especially a performance of some kind: The highlight of the ball was an elaborate entertainment.

hospitable provision for the needs and wants of guests.

Also with regards to the traditional sense of entertainment; In another thread you say that you think £21 is spot on for going to watch Boro. Would you still think that £21 would be spot on if we were Blue Square premier? If yes, why? If no, then why not?

Of course people go to be entertained. You yourself are being implicitly entertained (despite the fact you feel you would go anyway) its the highs and lows of following Boro; because you care about following Boro the matches make your adrenaline pump and that feels good, boy does it feel good and something that makes you feel good is entertainment. Football is the greatest unscripted drama on earth. Some people like yourself are diehards and will go for whatever is being served up. Chairmen love you, but you are still being entertained whether you relise it or not.

en·ter·tain·ment

the act of entertaining; agreeable occupation for the mind; diversion; amusement: Solving the daily crossword puzzle is an entertainment for many.

something affording pleasure, diversion, or amusement, especially a performance of some kind: The highlight of the ball was an elaborate entertainment.

Also with regards to the traditional sense of entertainment; In another thread you say that you think £21 is spot on for going to watch Boro. Would you still think that £21 would be spot on if we were Blue Square premier? If yes, why? If no, then why not?

That's a hypothetical argument and pointless.

Who do you think you are anyway pasting a dictionary up ffs.

hmm not being funny or anything but proud is not a word i would associate with most of the displays we've been served up this season, bit of an oxymoron there.

sorry but my love of the boro does have sum bounds as it costs me 60 per cent of my weekly income (dole) when i am not working to go and watch poor football, i feel that is a bit unfair on the kids, so forgive me if i want to feel any other emotion but apathy and shame,

for me it doesnt matter if we win or lose i just want to c the players giving 100 per cent and that has only happened for the last month, were also paying pl prices for champ which is crappy. so for me if there is no incentive to get a season ticket i might as well pick my matches

en·ter·tain·ment

That's a hypothetical argument and pointless.

Who do you think you are anyway pasting a dictionary up ffs.

Its not pointless. He previously stated that he would keep going to watch the Boro no matter what because basically he's a die hard and he does not go for 'entertainment' and he also says £21 is a spot on price. So I was wondering if he would still pay £21 in the BSP, if he said 'no' I would wonder why? his answer may have been 'because the standard isnt worth it'

Now this would then lead me to say 'well I thought entertainment had no baring on you going?'.... you see where this would be going.

Its called having a a debate trapper. Throwing opinions back and forth.

The reason I posted the definition of entertainment was because Boroboy asked 'who goes to football for entertainment?' and I posted the definition because it includes things like 'diversion' etc. not just amusement.

hmm not being funny or anything but proud is not a word i would associate with most of the displays we've been served up this season, bit of an oxymoron there.

In your eyes maybe but not in mine.

The display on the pitch does not concern me, that`s for Tony Mowbray or whoever is manager to worry about.

Come match day all that matters to me is showing the club that I will support it no matter what. I can`t change what goes on on the pitch so why should I let it concern me.

Right now to CF.

Good reply mate and yeh I suppose I am entertained implicitly going by those definitions that you posted up but my reply to darkgunslinger was more in relation to the traditional meaning of entertainment and his post and my answer reflect that.

In answer to your other question about cost.

£21 was aimed at other people and not me. My local team margate, who off the top of my head play in some southern league charge £10 for admission.

For me though the cost is irrelevant, I`d do anything and pay anything to watch MFC.

Now that might not be believable to some but what would you have paid to see us at Cardiff or Eindhoven if you couldn`t get a ticket? I know lads who payed upwards of £300 at Eindhoven because they couldn`t get a ticket the normal way and I know for a fact that they would have paid more.

Following MFC to me is a way of life mate.