• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Match day experience expensive?

really?

ST works out at £16 a game, now i agree its expensive if you are paying £100 travel or something. But people seem to tag the price of 20 pints on, a curry, 5 pints at the ground etc.

£16 a ticket isnt bad, add a programme at £3 a few drinks and maybe you are looking at £25, but a experience is what you make of it. Min £16 for one isnt too bad.

Thats where my problem is - a 610 mile round trip... not having any family in the area anymore I normally stay up for the night.. it becomes and expensive weekend!

I dont have too much of a problem with ticket prices - though there are premier league games that I can go to for cheaper. Not that I would as a rule. Give me an incentive to buy 5 or 6 games spread over the season and I would come those 5 or 6 times!

But its a trip i make as often as I can!

Hopefully Southampton and Brighton will both be promoted and that adds to my away trips to Reading, Bristol City, Pompey as easily reached away games!

I live in Surrey and it is a 600 mile round trip. So I am talking £120+ for fuel, then there is accomodation costs, beer, parmo, bets etc. Last time I came up (QPR) I rang the ticket office up and asked to buy a ticket for collection (This was at midday). I got told that they would charge me an extra £2.50 for booking fee. I said to them "Booking fee, what fooking bee, im collecting it from a kiosk outside the stadium, no postage, no envelopes no outlay at all. Needless to say I told the bird to do one and I felt disgusted at the club for profiteering.

This season I have only managed that one game at home but managed nine away but £26 for a ticket in the North Stand is excessive for the division we are playing in. MFC are still not punter friendly. £20 a seat, £10 for kids, £15 for students, £18 for Season Ticket holders.

They wont do it though because they would prefer to have 14500 paying £23 than 22000 paying £20......only word I can think of is shortsighted.

But as you say so yourself, you cant get there that regularly, and if you could then you would benefit from a boro pride card (£10 per season reducing match tickets by £2 a game and no booking fees)

Dropping the price by £3 wont bring in another 7,500 people. Thats been shown through the reductions before for cup games and the free kids games. Whilst i see your point i dont think sticking figures in as a estimate really makes it work.

They definatly need to do something in my eyes to get people wanting a small booking of tickets, like 3 matches, 5 matches, 10 or 15 along with the full ST. PErsonally i think its somewhere near. The bigger the amount you book the cheaper it should be.

aimed at post above prowler.

there really is a fine line between cutting prices and getting more support, if the club get it wrong eg drop prices too much and not enough extra people take up the offer then they lose a fortune. maybe they should have tried different prices this season to find the tipping point, but then that p***es of the season ticket holders

Unfortunately I don't go to see The Boro now as being a Pensioner and not in top health makes it difficult to go the The Riverside. It doesn't change your loyalty though. And sometimes the only contact is through the likes of 606 and Oneboro.

Having said that, If I was able to go, £25 is a big ask for 90 minutes of entertainment. Ultimately, it's only a game of football and I'd more than likely go to watch Billingham Synthonia for £2.50! (conscession)...Which is my local team. And as someone on here has mentioned he can go to Sunderland and watch Prem. footie for less then watching The Boro....Simple! :)

They should scrap the booking fee for all purchases for the time being.

Personally I think prices are on the button.

£21 for a place in the SEC.....bargain.

Also why don`t you southern based lads get together to share the cost.....it`s not hard really is it.

I think it just goes to show how brainwashed we have become when people consider £21 to watch 90 mins second tier football 'a bargain'

Brainwashed??

You don`t believe £21 is a bargain to watch the team you love?

I go to support Middlesbrough Football Club, CF.......not to watch football.

I can do that for free at the local pitches.

I think a sliding scale reward scheme for fans based on attendance would bew good. Probably hard to do though.

You pay £25 for your ticket (by card)

If 15,000 or under turn up thats the price you pay

If between 15,000 - 20,000 turn up you get £2.50 back

If between 20,000 - 27,500 turn up you get £5.00 back

And 27,500+ you get £7.50 back

Strange idea I know, but it could get bums on seats.