oneBoro Forum

Transfer News

Lets not get too emotional about this.I recall a thread when a few posts brought Rhys fitness to the fore.Remember he hasn't played that much this season.Bates is out again.

Now as I say I don't want Rhys to go,but if it lowers the debt,& we get some players in,well I am sorry but the end justifys the means.Its a harsh financial reality.

Plus it doesn't matter a dam if its ***nals,Boltons or Villas Cash,it doesn't matter.Our club comes first.If they have a suitable player they can loan us in return.Fine.If not,OK.We will use one of our own for the time being while we blood another off the Academy.

If we let go of Rhys do you think we'll be able to attract a better player to a mid table championship club, I reckon Rhys is a top quality premiership defender in the making, Bolton know this thats why they want him. I believe you should fight tooth and nail to hold on to your best players, if Mowbray wants to keep Rhys we will be keeping him, no matter what money they throw at us, unless its coming to the end of the transfer window and we havn't sold enough players to get the wage bill down. We won't be going up next season if we let our truly best players go and a lot of our players with high ambitions, like Thomson, will be looking to leave also and it will zap the morale of the players and supporters.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

i would say the best chance we have of keeping players like williams is if the club believe they will be worth double in a yrs time , then it would be a good business decision.

PROWLER

i agree players leaving now wouldnt be a boro legend and wed all like them to be . BUT rooney left to be a legend with man utd a fairly good swap id say.

ps id put pallister in the same group as cooper.

did anyone see Lita's comment on twitter?

I thought it an interesting choice of words...

It went something like this:

For all of those people messaging me about leaving middlesbrough, I'd like to say I dont have any INTEREST in leaving boro.

maybe reading to much in to it, but is that he doesn't want to leave, or that nobody wants him to join them ?

this was the actual message

"To all those tweeple who ask me if I'm staying at boro... Yes I've not any interest to go so probably will be staying put at boro... :D"

assuming the account is real (none of the other boro players are following him) then it sounds like his attempt at saying he doesn't want to leave boro. although written fairly badly... he's never seemed like the sharpest tool in the shed.

PROWLER

i agree players leaving now wouldnt be a boro legend and wed all like them to be . BUT rooney left to be a legend with man utd a fairly good swap id say.

ps id put pallister in the same group as cooper.

Completely different though, Everton got £30m for Rooney, now, if we got offered that much for Rhys, or any of our player, I'd be sad but I'd be stupid not to accept it.

Also, I'd like them to become a legend HERE. Not anywhere else, HERE! :P

I am of the opinion that Rhys could one day be our captain and go on to play 300+ games for us over a 10+ year career with us and be a part of whatever success we will hopefully have over the hopefully long reign of Tony Mowbray

I may be called a romantic but hey, everytime a brilliant player comes through our ranks and we let them go, it breaks my heart because I know that they could go on to achieve great things with us and what chance do we have when we let our best go?

Doesnt matter WHO is giving the money just that its right.

I think people should remember who has a year left on their deals.

Danny Coyne

Didier Digard

Marvin Emnes

Justin Hoyte

Tony McMahon

Matthew Bates

Jonathan Franks

Leroy Lita

Paul Weldon

Jonathan Grounds

Kris Boyd

Richard Smallwood

Barry Robson (with an option of an extra year)

Lee Miller (with the option of an extra year)

Curtis Main (with the option of an extra year)

Kyle Oliver

Some of those are prime for moving, as they are worthless in 12 months time. Yes they may get us promoted, but can the club afford to keep them not get promoted and lose them for £0!

That Craig Davies down at Chesterfield looks like a big strapping lad (25), 6ft 2ins,scored 23 goals last season, bet he'd cause a few problems for some of these beastly championship defenders, out of contract as well, would be a handy man to have, to mix things around a bit.

If Mowbray says Bennett and Williams are not for sale then thats good enough for me.

Playing devils advocate here, what if Williams is sold because someone offers big money? (like Mogga said in his fans forum)

A managers word is worth little when he isnt the person with the say.

It would have to be a really silly offer, then most of the money would have to be given back into the team for rebuilding, can't see this silly offer coming meself and Rhys will stay, he's not on high wages and he has a long contract, if we go up he will have his contract renagociated, if thats what he wants.

The clubs in debt and we still have to service that debt.

Thats why we need the bigger earners off the books, if they cannot shift them then players who people think are not for sale may be the ones going as they're the ones wanted.