oneBoro Forum

Transfer News

I don't believe it will be that hard to shift the big earners.

Boyd will be easy enough, Arca will be released.

That's £45k a week between them, which makes £2,340,000 off the wage bill with just 2 players. Add that to the £750k we won't be paying for Flood and Haas every year and we have £3m gone already.

That leaves people like Digard, Lita, Emnes, Bates, Hoyte, Robson, McManus, Skippy and Thomson as the clubs big earners.

Highly doubt that it would be hard to shift a few of them on to either low PL clubs or maybe even foreign clubs (Emnes/Digard) and hopefully keep a couple on.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

weve struggled to get rid of digard for the last 2 yrs, boyds wages make it difficult to get rid of him . thats the trouble with the big earners , there wages make it almost impossible to get any money for them weras the young lads such as bennett would command a fee

We are linked to Davies from Chesterfield and Mowbray is trying to cut a deal with him to join us.

Whilst he has had a good season with Chesterfield this year his career hasnt been that great.

Very true VB.Whereas Le Fondre has scored 50 goals since 2009 in 91 games.He also scored 34 for Rochdale before then.So he knows where the net is.Is Davies a 1 season wonder?

I like Billy Sharp.Scored regular for Scunny & Doncaster,just the one bad 1 at Blades,& he still scored 8,which is on a par with Mido & Alves,& only a few less than Lita.

To the post who suggested John Parkin,he only moved this year to Cardiff,& he is 1 dimensional like Lee Miller,but he is a beast & takes defenders out of the game.

It would actually cost us closer to £3m im led to believe. 6 months wages plus the final install ment of his signing fee (which is spread across his contract)

I didn't realise we were contributing to Digards wages and if we are how much? And if its a lot, why the hell was he allowed to leave in the first place, might of been the difference in us reeching the play offs

Do we really need Digard though?

Thomson, Smallwood, Bailey, maybe R. Williams are all surely better than him?

Well, Rhys definitely is but where do you play someone who can play anywhere? :P

Well its all about personal opinion but I think Digard is streets ahead of anyone we can put centre mid apart from maybe Thomson, the thing is with Digard is his fitness issues