oneBoro Forum

11 New Academy Players

All im saying is you have looked at his size before his ability. How many games have u seen him play? Powlay might attend all academy matches and reserve games. I attend all first team games and reserves game and know what it takes to make it at the top level. Also attend as many academy games as i can when they dont clash with first team games. Would just like you to give the lad a chance and watch him play before you refer to him as A midget. Be known as the new little fella before long!

no1fan ... The main people that post on here with their comments about Boro's academy players see them play on a regular basis and travel a lot to watch them. Powlay is a scout for Sports Interactive and gives his feedback on players for the Football Manager game.

You will find that the majority of members on here are very,very supportive of the Boro Academy,Dave Parnaby and all the players that come through it, that is the future of our club and something we are all enjoying.

I cant comment on Lewis Maloney as I have not see him play but I hope he comes through the ranks and becomes the player you obviously think he is or can be.

Thats fair enough, I just know Powlay as not seen him play that many games or watched him train. I just think hes looked at his size and judged him by that. I could name numerous players who are small and have been world class footballers. Many people have doubted Lewis Maloney from his younger days, but look where is he now? Is it easy to get a Scholor our days? Dave and his staff obviously beleve he has alot of talent or he wouldnt be there.

Ive watched Lewis for the U16s and the U18s, in fact not many people will have seen him play 90 in the U18s because im not aware that he has yet! (might have vs Norwich but im not aware of the line up and subs for that game!)

Against Crewe he was a 2nd half sub.

When i refer to him as a midget its not in the literal sense. He is shorts that was my point. As a club Ive seen little players come through and be technically gifted yet be tossed to the side and they end up playing Northern League.

As for him being the 'best' player in the academy, each person is welcome to their own opinion, lets just say i disagree. Im sure you will see my full opinion on him when i get the player profile section up to date.

As i said to Lewis himself on facebook (as i believe he read this) the use of the term midget wasnt literal. It was to paint a picture.

yeah everyone has personal opinions, and the academy has alot of very talented players. Maybe he might not be the best in the academy at this moment in time but in a few years i think he will have the best carear.(personal opinion). Just didn't like the way he was called a midget when other individuals were getting named,good player,good goalkeeper etc. When you have seen him have a few 90 mins under his belt hopefully your feelings about the lad will change.

Id be more than happy to call Andre Bennett a midget, anyone smaller than me (a mightly 5'8" tall is a midget!) gets the tag, remember though im not using it in a derogatory way.

Im pretty certain if you read my posts i have not mentioned many bad things regardinbg our academy players, and when i could have i have stayed away from commenting (see matthew dolan - first team thread someone posted last month) because id rather not comment than be negative.

As someone who follows out academy home and away, (i will be in manchester tomorrow watching them) follows the reserves home and away, and has a first team 3 year season ticket (i was daft enough to renew my 3 year ticket yet again) then i feel im in as strong as position as any non MFC employee to comment on players.

Every player at some point will do something i see as a nagative, or have a phyiscal ability, structure that makes me think he might not make it. But i wont ever come out and say they wont make it at Boro, its not in my intrests to do so. I hope all including every one released go pro somewhere. It benefits the club financially.

Ive seen him play a full 90 in the U16s, as i said im not aware he has played a full 90 in the U18s.

I myself would like to see all academy players go on and play professionally. Great for the club to keep producing good players. Not a bad profile you have done on lewis. Noticed his date of birth was incorrect as he was born 5/5/95 as he is only 16.

yeah its been corrected was a typo from the main structure i use.

The sad fact is most of them wont go on to play professional football, some will even drop out of football altogether nevermind play at a level like Northern League.

• 4 weeks later...

Having watched the Academy U18 side on a number of occasions now I would love to see Powleys continuation of his Profile series and get his take on the rest of the players. I have to say I have very strong feelings on a number of the lads

im laid up at the minute so doing a lot of book work and some email interviews and also writing 2 articles for other sites.

So once their done i will try and crack on so all the other players are covered before christmas