oneBoro Forum

Shoot Magazine-Season review and preview

Baresi I have a similar question mark. Mogga seems to like Hoyte's pace. If he could put it to some good use, I might agree with him.

McMahon has a much better delivery and overall is a much more solid defender but he can get done for pace and he really just has not got it and he's very unlikely to improve much in that department.

We have tried playing them both in the hope that they could work the magic that Bennett and Taylor have on the other side of the field. From what I've seen it's failed and shown no real signs of success.

If Hoyte were to go then we have Bruno to act as Tony's back up ( or Rhys). Sooner or later Bruno will take over from Tony Mac or work with him as Joe does on the other side of the field. He is much much better going forward than he is as a defender.

In a very quick summary Hoyte is a sprinter with a few ball skills. Mac is a football player that is not quite fast enough for the modern game.

no real information on the possibility of Arca or Taylor re-signing nor the likelihood of Digard, Boyd or Hoyte departing. Sadly McDonald, Robson and McManus are probaly more saleable assetts. I think Lita will run his contract down and try and do the same again.

On departures I am therfore pessimistic on the big three departing and being anyting other than a distraction and a disruption to the coming season.

I do hope that Taylor and Arca do not end up on the scrap heap that Aliadiere and Riggott seem to have foundered on. They have done us no harm and over all they may have done us a bit of good

Taylor will sign if nothing better comes along before 1st of July' otherwise he would have commited already. If a Premier League club comes along you can't blame him. I get the feeling with Taylor he wants to play left back but he can't because we're developing Joe. Maybe he feels a little in the shade. I just hope he shows the commitment if he does sign because there was a huge difference in his attitude towards the end of the season.

Mcgannd, it will be bad news if we don't offload one of our right backs because right now we just can't afford two experienced ones. Its a big year for Bruno this year I think, he gonna have to show he's mature enough and good enough early on in reserves matches, I'm looking for a big change in him this season.

Taylor has indicated that he is close to signing a new deal with Boro according to todays Northern Echo.

Must admit not to enthralled about this news as i have a feeling taylor will go back into his shell again somewhat!

Yeah, midfielder. Only seen him play for 15 mins in the reserves, should get a better look at him this coming season, big tall lad like, bit rangy, looks about 6ft 1ins supposed to be pacey. We've signed him on a 1 year pro contract, was released by Everton in his second year there, so he'll be in the same age bracket as L. Williams, Bruno and Gibbo, 3rd year when they report back.

I didn't see the Everton game where Dobbie played on the wing but I'm told he played well. I saw him at Lincoln where he played more centrally in midfield.

He is tall and, like Charlie Wyke, appears ungainly although the lad grafted. I'm happy to accept the Academy guys see him as a useful prospect.

I do not see anything much this coming year but he is of an age where progress can be extraordinarily rapid. Adam Reach was nothing much at Villa Park ( left back) but by the end of the season in a completely different position was our last scorer and a good goal it was too.

If the guys believe in themselves and have the talent, they can achieve things way beyond what one might have seen this year. In many ways it is the Academy guys who may show them what they might achieve and give them the necessary self belief.

I was at that Everton game Mcgannd but I don't remember Dobie, it was the first and only time I've seen the youths play and all my attention was going on the Boro lads, trying to figure them out. Great game.