• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there you have it, the reason why we couldnt sign any player

"It was frustrating that we weren't able to deliver on some of the manager's targets, mainly due to the reluctance of other clubs to release their prize assets."

What a novel idea, trying to keep hold of your assets, well if maybe we had considered a plan like that then we wouldnt be in this mess!

Does anyone believe this next quote...

"We were very close to doing a number of permanent deals but we simply ran out of time before the transfer window closed."

A number? How many and who? So easy to say after the event. Of course we ran out of time, clearly the past few months havent been long enough fo us to do the deals!!!

We are apparently after a striker AND a defender, now werent we told that we are a bit top heavy on defenders anyway, hence the reason huth was allowed to leave? Maybe they need to review past statements and actually try and get each other on the same hymn sheet for a change!

Ahhh its ok, we are saved! The scouting team are continuing there search to bring in new additions!

That fills me with about as much confidence as Al-Qaeda taking over the samaritans!

Caller: Im feeling suicidal.

Al-Qaeda: Cool, can you fly a plane?

Ahhh its ok, we are saved! The scouting team are continuing there search to bring in new additions!

That fills me with about as much confidence as Al-Qaeda taking over the samaritans!

Caller: Im feeling suicidal.

Al-Qaeda: Cool, can you fly a plane!

:D

Our club has just turned into a contradiction machine. Why are we looking to bring in a defender specifically and not a midfielder? We've constantly said we have lots of options at the back and lots of cover, which we do so why is a defender suddenly urgently needed.

Why not a midfielder? We played most of last season with no midfield and have since let tuncay and downing leave. We're crying out for a central midfielder yet are looking for a defender. This guy never fails to make me mad, he's such a clueless idiot.

Maybe they've forgotten that the defenders playing in midfield are actually defenders.

It obviously shows how much the club are out of touch with the fans of MFC,If they really wanted things to calmdown with the fan backlash against the club then the PR department should have organised Gibson to be the one who did the article with the Gazette.I know that quite a lot of fans have turned against Gibbo but a lot woud still listen to him and most likely give him another chance if he showed some kind of humility and honesty.

Lamb has not been a fans favourite for a very very longtime so to send him out to try and keep the peace and calm things down just shows how stupid the club are.

All that seems to be happening is the fans are getting more upset with the goings on especially when you read the content of the article.

I have to say I am totally in agreement with Andrew & The Smogster.

Why we need a defender heaven knows.We need strikers & midfielders.Especially central.Hamman would be my man,but thats a different issue.

Another worrying sentence was that of "running out of time".This can convey a number of issues.

1.They have had since the end of last season to address targets.

2.Are they trying to get players too cheaply?

3.Why don't players want to come here?

4.Why have nagoiations dragged,are the negoiators p.poor?

#3 is the one that worries me>Do players on the market know more than we do?Think of who we have signed.Two third tier players & a player on the verge of the last chance saloon.Whether you like Hulse or not(I didn't)why did he turn Boro down?& he wasn't the first.Has a black spot been painted on MFC's door.Or is it the management they do not take a shine to?

Why can't Lamb persuade them to sign?Is it the man himself that is boogering the job up.

I will be intrigued as to the players we get on loan.Also as 1 post put it,will GS give them a chance?

Our club has just turned into a contradiction machine. Why are we looking to bring in a defender specifically and not a midfielder? We've constantly said we have lots of options at the back and lots of cover, which we do so why is a defender suddenly urgently needed.

Why not a midfielder? We played most of last season with no midfield and have since let tuncay and downing leave. We're crying out for a central midfielder yet are looking for a defender. This guy never fails to make me mad, he's such a clueless idiot.

Maybe they've forgotten that the defenders playing in midfield are actually defenders.

Yeah but when your defenders play in midfield it leaves holes at the back. There's no point in recruiting midfielders when you need defenders. That's just plain silly.