oneBoro Forum

Where is everyone?

Hi all,

Thought it easier to post this on the PL forum as opposed to the main boro forum. Since 606 went down there has been a massive drop in comments from the established ex-606ers just wondering if there is a reason why?

Users such as 2plus2 are very active, Kier also but the most 'regular' ones from 606... the likes of Gully, Welshy, Hammy, Andy, Dyre, Oslo, Paphos etc seem bizarrely quiet. The PL results pages are much quieter than they were on 606 (not a dig, more an observation), and the likes of Paphos/Gully never comment on the boro forum or on JA606 (which I am hoping will pick up!) As Hammy/Kayleigh mentioned in their thread, D2 of the PL also had an alarming number missing, some regulars like Lostinstoke etc...

Is everyone on the PL Website? Have they lost interest? Or am I just blind and missed everything?

Any insight much appreciated.

Does that mean I am irregular? Haha.

I would suggest that if any former BBC 606 members are on here and have changed their names, then perhaps reveal yourselves with your new name so we know that you haven't been abducted by aliens..

Lol 2plus2 you are indeed!

I am assuming it is a mixture of not wanting to use oneboro (Gully) and PL members getting together on match day on the chatsite - but even so, it would be nice to have more interaction.

I dont think anyone other than Dyre/Hammy have changed their names... just a bit boring without them really! Unless Andy is a Josef Fritzel and has locked them all up in his PL basement???? :-O

Glad you're around mate - the old 606 presence is very very minimal now though both on the boro forum here, JA606 (which im trying to keep going!) and even within the PL section of oneboro... no where near the same atmosphere as when it was on 606. Perhaps its due to a new/change in forum?

Lol Gladgareth, whatever do you mean... I havent so much as abused anyone on here. I have been reborn, St. Alex (tempting name change that). My main worry is Paphos, whats happened to him... he was a 606 collosus, a symbol of the forum!

Welshy - There is indeed free Candy! Gladgareth has been out looting and has bags of the stuff, you need to speak to him though, pretty sure I cant give you a lollipop without his say so...

Halleluja!

If its any consolation the chatroom was VERY quiet for the Portsmouth game. Just me, Kayleigh, Welshy (I think) and a couple of others. Don't know if a lot of the regulars were able to go the match, were busy, forgot, or whatever, but the "atmos" and banter was severely lacking there too.

Perhaps everyone's waiting to see if Boro can mount a promotion push this season?

Whatever the reason, I hope things start to pick up soon.

Interesting comments Dyre, I assumed the chatsite was where everyone was as it was so quiet here... how very strange. Last season things were mostly doom and gloom and yet the PL was thriving and the same for the chat site, I wonder if the demise of 606 has been the cause?

Surely the PL wont ask St. Alex to make an emotional return to pump some life into his beloved competition... surely.

Time for an explanation!

The boropl.co.uk website has had to be taken down for copyright reasons. Apparently it was too close a copy to a certain other website that we all look at.

Secondly I now have new and exciting commitments in my life. I have started my own business and I have to dedicate all my time to this. I am currently working 7 days a week, 12 hours a day to get it off the ground. This is in addition to continuing my current job.

I am sorry for all those who will feel let down by my early exit from running the PL. I am sure that there are people willing and able to pick it up again. Alex - you would be my suggestion. Just do the great job you did before - and without me there will be less to argue about. I am sure people like Welshy, Jesus, Hammy and Huntsboro (Dyre) will chip in where necessary.

It really saddens me that I no longer have time for it, but my personal and business life have to come first and I want to make a success of it. In the future once it has taken off, I will let you all know what it is, as its football and media related!

Its a pleasure to have predicted with you all, and I will still frequent the boards when I have time.

Sorry again!