oneBoro Forum

Unofficial Predictions for Saturday 13th August 2011

Top news!

Having you help run would be amazing as I am not a huge ja606 fan. Even if it is taking our articles and posting them there for others to predict it would be a huge help.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

At present very few people use JA606... sadly.

It's a big job, without the use of the website & with all the no shows to deal with it could certainly take a bit of time and thought Jesus/Welshy. You should only put your names forward if you can commit to that.

Great suggestions Jesus. Do you think we would have another PL site set up? And would this week be friendlies fixtures whilst the new PL ins and outs were set up? And, finally, would a system be put in place to ensure that those who don't predict are excluded from the PL asap? I know I forgot the first week, as some others may have, but maybe if we have 2 weeks or so of friendlies we would find out who will and won't predict? It would give you et al time to prepare and would mean less non-predictors when the competition-proper is back up and running. Just a suggestion..

ps. Again, apologies all for my own no-show gameweek one! I was gutted when I realised!

I'm going to sleep on it lads, all I'd add is that I'm very keen to go for simplicity and that's why I believe that Kayleigh's original league format is worth a look. Also whilst I'm extremely keen on keeping our former members who are currently on ja606 involved as they have been predicting on the pl website, I would suggest that maybe they would consider joining us here on oneboro :)

I'm unsure as to the best way forward, but you do have a very wise head for a young man, Jesus and your suggestions are very agreeable in principle :)

I have the time. My work is evenings and weekends only so I have a lot of time to deal with this. Added to that, I have Welshy on facebook so communicating is easy for us.

I will be looking into getting a website designed for us, even if it is very simple and not to the scale of Andy's amazing work.

Great suggestions Jesus. Do you think we would have another PL site set up? And would this week be friendlies fixtures whilst the new PL ins and outs were set up? And, finally, would a system be put in place to ensure that those who don't predict are excluded from the PL asap? I know I forgot the first week, as some others may have, but maybe if we have 2 weeks or so of friendlies we would find out who will and won't predict? It would give you et al time to prepare and would mean less non-predictors when the competition-proper is back up and running. Just a suggestion..

ps. Again, apologies all for my own no-show gameweek one! I was gutted when I realised!

I figure we could run a few weeks of friendlies to see how many people we have and then work out a way to go from there. That ensures activity and we can then continue the 3 week consecutive rule

As I said, I will be looking into getting a new website up and running ASAP

I'm going to sleep on it lads, all I'd add is that I'm very keen to go for simplicity and that's why I believe that Kayleigh's original league format is worth a look. Also whilst I'm extremely keen on keeping our former members who are currently on ja606 involved as they have been predicting on the pl website, I would suggest that maybe they would consider joining us here on oneboro :)

I'm unsure as to the best way forward, but you do have a very wise head for a young man, Jesus and your suggestions are very agreeable in principle :)

I must say, I also like the idea of going back to the points system as my spreadsheet knowledge can reach to that. If we could convince the others to pop over here even once a week to predict it would be lovely, if not I will jump over there a couple of times a week to grab the predictions.

Also, thank you very much for the wise head compliment :)

Andy great to hear you have an opportunity to set up a future career in the media business and basing your expertise on what you organised for the PL I am sure you will succeed.

Is there any way we could still run a site to allow chat on matchdays as I think it is vital to keep the PL camaraderie going that is such a strength of its success.

Awesome. Well done for putting yourself forward Jesus.

One thing I would say is that, despite having no real IT skills, and not a lot of organisational skills either to be honest, I can imagine that it's going to be a very tough task to get everything to do with the PL successfully organised. So if we have to run a lot of friendlies before the actual official competition is back up again, then so be it. I don't think it'll be too detrimental to the season of PL since it's not imperative that every weekend of the Championship is involves predictions.

It's great that you want to take up the challenge of running the PL. But think it's important that you feel no pressure from other members to get it done at a light speed pace.

You're all talking as though its sorted! Think a bit more time needs to be put into it to ensure it works long term... not the biggest fan of Welshy's idea of the original format, think thats taking two steps backwards. Could do with a poll to gage opinions on various things.

Ok, let us gather a list of debatable topics and then I will create a new thread for each topic to keep things easy.

One: Who runs the PL

Two: New or Old format

Three: Friendly arrangement and people participating

Are you proposing an election style to decide who runs the PL?

That certainly has never been done before... if I was to decide I wanted to run the league I wouldnt want to 'sell myself' - people know what they get from me, good or bad.

I made the changes from the scoring system in season 1 and would not like to partake if this is the scoring system selected for various reasons discussed in the past.

However - well done Jesus for getting the ball rolling.

Barnsley v Southampton away

Birmingham v Coventry home

Crystal Palace v Burnley home

Doncaster v West Ham away

Ipswich v Hull home

Leeds v Middlesbrough (away 1-2 emnes)

Leicester v Reading home

Millwall v Nott'm Forest home

Portsmouth v Brighton draw

Watford v Derby home

Barnsley v Southampton home

Birmingham v Coventry home