oneBoro Forum

DEBATE THREAD 1 (WHO RUNS THE PL)

Right, so with Andy's resignation we have to elect a new main PL organiser...

Quickest way to do that is that people who wish to be in the running post their names here, along with a short snippet of how they intend to run it and after a week, I will put the names up and a poll is taken and that person takes the reigns. Simple times

Names and Snippets

Jesus

Welshy, I would be exceedingly happy to co-run the PL venture on here with you. This includes us taking a league each. Perhaps, you division one and I division two so as there is no claim of bias. I think last season we showed how well we worked together with the co-ordination.

Andy, I would love for you to continue predicting as it only takes up 5 minutes of a week, that I am sure you can spare Thank you for everything that you have done in the PL.

ALEX! I would love for you to return to the PL as a JA606 co-ordinator. Working with me and Welshy, you can run the PL on Ja606, meaning that members who enjoy being over there can stay over there and still take part. Of course, this means I am willing to offer you a place back in the predictions league. Ideally, I would add you to division one, however this will only be possible if Andy declines participating as a member. If he chooses to continue, I would like to offer you a place in division two. I'm sure with your famous predicting skills (he won the first one...not that he mentions it ) you will be promoted at the midpoint (and knowing my luck, beat me in a last day decider to win the overall title)

Personally I would like to suggest an Alex/Jesus combo. Which is really no different to the Alex/Hammy combo, in that both have tremendous passion for the Predictions League, and will make it a success.

I am certain that Huntsboro, Kayleigh and myself would be happy to help out as much as we can to back Alex & Jesus up.

DEBATE THREAD 1 (WHO RUNS THE PL). Right, so with Andy's resignation we have to elect a new main PL organiser... Quickest way to do that is that people who ...

I'd like to see Jesus and Welshy co-run the PL, as i've not got the patience or energy to run it now. I won't be able to help you guys out either as i don't have time now, as i've taken on an extra job which involves sleepovers at residental homes for people with special needs and disabilties.

I'll still take five mins out of my week to vote but won't be around half as much as i was last season.

After much thought... I am a little worried about the PL situation and how it has collapsed already. Therefore I am throwing my name into the hat to run the PL. Here are the 3 key things that would happen if I run it:

1. If people would like me to run it (and there are other people too) I would be prepared to co run with one other person (not two as it gets complicated aka with Hammy, Andy and I).

2. I would keep the scoring system the same but also introduce a new cup format different from what we have had so far.

3. Zero tolerance on no shows.

Everyone from 606 knows my strengths & weaknesses, so I shall say no more. :-)

I've already stated my views on how best to continue with the predictions league, but am happy to just be a part of it at the end of the day.

We need a strong leader with an assistant for back up. Now if that is Alex or Jesus I don't mind.

Lets get this moving boys, it's great competition, I wasn't involved in the old 606 days but you seem to have good understanding of what needs done.

Zero tolerance is too hard though, 2-3 strikes and you are out, work, holidays may mean it's not always possible to post.

But lets get the League back up and running, put the keen players in Division 1, I would rather have one larger League than 2 with inconsistan/ no show players.

thanks lads though for your efforts, co-ordinate the way forward and lets start with the proper new League next week.

Alex, would you be willing to consider Welshy's idea of everybody starting the season on a level playing feild and then splitting at christmas?

If you would be willing to then i would vote for you as a leader with someone else backing you up.

I would add that my suggested format takes any non-predictors out of the equation as they quite simply wont end up in Division 1 after Christmas. No problem with 2/3 strikes etc as if they don't predict the only person losing out is them. The onus is on people to predict if they want a chance of winning the whole thing. Those who do predict but are unlucky to miss out of Division 1 can play for the pride to be division 2 champion, and know that they have a chance to win the competition the following year again as we start from scratch.

This may sound like a c*ck-eyed half and half situation, but if you think about it, the person who wins this can be held in no doubt that they are the best predictor on the oneboro forum.

I'm happy for Alex and Jesus to co-run it or for one or the other to take control. Either way I'm happy. If both of you would rather run it on your own then I guess we have to take a vote. That's my thoughts on the matter. Might need another poll.