oneBoro Forum

DEBATE THREAD 1 (WHO RUNS THE PL)

Will,

Yes I would. At first I hated the idea, but it would give the league a sense of fairness. The original scoring system did have the odd flaw (3 points for predicting a home win and 5 for an away... why!?), and would need tweeking but overall I think its an inventive idea.

I think Maccarone is right, friendlies this week and lets get started next... just need to sort out who is going to run the league as Welshy, Jesus and I would all have slightly different ideas.

I would keep the scoring system simple, just as it is now. A point for each correct prediction, and 2 points for the first goal scorer in the boro match (I'm not conviced that guessing the correct score line for the boro match needs to be kept, but again don't mind either way I suppose).

I also suggest that we start afresh this Monday, so by then we must sort out who will be organising it. So really it is now up to Alex, Jesus & I to sort it out.

bugger and i was top as well!!

so let me get this straight, you just predict and however many you get right is the points you get?

but christmas the top so many will be split into leagues and constant no-shows will be excluded?

prefer the league format personally gives that rivalry and banter but i'll go with whatever.

Part of the aim I suppose, Glad. Or at least would be a result of that would be that non-predictors would be removed before the real business of deciding the champion would start.

The first part will test just how good everyone is at predicting, the 2nd part will of course involve the traditional matchplay where you'll need even more wits about you.

Also the non-predicors can be removed rather painlessly without any predicting members gaining or alternatively being at any dis-advantage.

In that case, i would be happy for any combination of the three people who have put their names forward, Alex, Welshy or Jesus, to run the league.