oneBoro Forum

DEBATE THREAD 2 (POINT SCORING)

Which scoring system shall we use  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which scoring system shall we use

I'm happy with current scoring but I feel that a no show should lose and the predicting opponent win regardless of an average score. If 2 no shows play each other, its a draw maybe?

Last season and last week I was yet again beaten by the average even though I regularly predicted and my opponent did not!

Ok, so from what I can tell everyone likes the current scoring system.

However, how do people feel about Welshy's split scoring and split leagues idea? I personally feel that is the fairest way and means the true champion will win.

If we keep the current format, I would vote for keeping the predictor going up against the average if their opponant fails to predict.

However, the beauty of my proposed system is that by Christmas (before the league split) we will know who the regular predictors are and can then discount any non-predictor when forming the split leagues (we'll know exactly after 3/4 months who is a serious predictor).

Hence if we started off with say 46 predictors, but by Christmas only 36 are predicting on a regular basis, we will discount the 10 non-predictors and have 2 leagues of 18. If we have an odd number then someone will have a bye each week.

I'd also not restrict numbers as I feel everyone should be welcome. So if that means a 3 league split after xmas instead then so be it (but chances are the numbers wont be high enough to warrant that).

A small point, but I'd name the leagues after the split as A & B (& C if required) rather than 1 & 2 (and 3).

I would be happy to organise the whole league, but would appreciate Jesus's assistance. We worked extremely well together in the Juninho Cup last season, and we both wish to make this competition a massive success.

I would not require a list of who wants to take part. I would put up a fixture article each week, and know that those interested will predict, be that 20 members, 40 members or 60 members. I would also allow people to join at any point up to Christmas (they would start from 0 however so may not make it into the A League that season.

I would also be very keen that all members of the Predictions League would be based on oneBoro (as I am no pc wizzkid to make a pl website) and whilst I understand that some members that I hold in high asteem are not currently on oneBoro they will be welcomed here with open arms.

This is two fold, as for one it will make everything easy to organise, and secondly and most importantly by having members interact with each other whilst they predict, it will create a feeling of community with I am sure lots of banter.

Bizarrely, I quite like that idea Welshy (with one or two tweeks).

The only thing I would say with allowing anyone to take part is more people = more calculations. Having done this for two years it all adds up. I would be happy to use that format and then revert to the more modern matchplay after christmas.

Alex, if yourself and Jesus are in agreement with my ideas then I would welcome either of the 3 of us (or all 3 of us) to run the league.

I initially felt you were opposed to my idea, but then so many things have been suggested that it is hard to appreciate them all without further thought or investigation.

I think I have formed the basis of a league system that would work, and one that I believe will keep everyone happy. The primary aim is to produce a competition that will enable members to interact in a fun way, but with a competitive edge.

I am open to suggestions on if we should have a restriction on numbers or not. However, I would be happy that all can take part as both you and I know that some will lose interest, and some will be dead keen. Chance are we'll end up with a reasonable but not excessive number come January.

I think the situation is very unfortunate, Glad. Especially with this happening one week into the season. However, I would be keen for a real fresh start and have everyone start from ground level.

But I do regret if this decision would be seen as harsh by yourself, Kier or Maccarone for example who started off with a bang in the league that never was. I personally appreciate how all of you have remained so keen and involved especially after 606 closed, and sincerely hope that you will remain as long term members who's results I always look out for :)

However, this is but my thoughts. Alex & Jesus may differ in opinion.

dunno if this is still relevant or not, but i'm in favour of keeping it exactly as it is now... with the little build up for each game - "me like it"

also, if i'm gonna have to predict on oneboro, is there any way i can get my back?