The future of the PL

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Hi Kier, I am genuinely sorry about this, because I have lot's of time for you as a predictor. However, I know that you will carry that form onto this season :)

With over 20% of predictors no predicting on the first week compounded by the fact the website then came down, and that several members who only predicted via the website have not-responded to my emails. I really do not have the faintest who is taking part from the original line up. I am calculating that we'll have approx 28/32 members (a good number) but that is massively down on the 48 (24 per league) that were planned to start the season. That would mean possibly reducing Division 1 (where 22 predicted) from 24 in number to 14/16, and I would not like to be in a position where I have to tell 6/8 predictors that they will be put into Division 2. So please believe me all, that I feel that this is the right thing to do for everyone.

Alves, far from it :) The Predictions League may have sadly lost members, but we have at the same time gained some good people from oneboro. We are likely to have the same amount of member that we had last season, but lots of fresh faces.

No sign of unfortunately :( Maybe they will show up when we start (hope so). However, judging by the number who have turned up for friendlies or/and made it clear they are taking part, then numbers remain decent, and there are some proper characters a***st them so should be good.

Do you have any interest in taking part? I know things got a bit heated on 606, however fresh start and all that. Alex is back in, so I personally don't have any problems with you coming back too.

I am 100% supportive of Jesus and Welshy to do the right thing (unlike the previous regime). I do think though that a little naivity has crept in. Jesus, when highlighting the key things we would do, a big factor was the website, I feel it is somewhat cheeky to go back on that one... I think you would have recieved fewer votes without this!

Welshy & Jesus, my suggestion is to listen to the comments... discuss them together and come back with your verdicts!

Nice to hear positive comments on me by the way - sincere appreciations!

Alex, thanks for this. I am a long time supporter of what you have done for the predictions league, and I'm sure you realise that. Your opinion is important to me, so are you in general happy with the plans for the season? I'm making sure I listen to everyone (but I think everyone knows I do anyway), and with Jesus apparently away for a couple of weeks I'm very determined to really show what a good co-organiser I can be.

Is Jesus away for two weeks too? I feel there are a few bits to his manifesto that were hollow promises ;)

I think it's fine. Like gladgareth/chicken I too prefer matchplay, i brought it in afterall, but I can see the reasoning for the level playing field etc... I think I would just shorten this process as there are alot of games between now and January 1st. It is a challenge doing it on your own, but as you say you listen to others and as long as you are organised im sure it will be great!

Not many organisers of the PL can say they have the backing of the once infamous LRH... but you certainly do.

By the way - Nice to see you Alves, I have been rather bored with no obvious person to insult so your reappearance is very welcome :D

Ive been away off and on for a few weeks and I am saddened by Andy stepping down from his running of the PL, but can I suggest that you make things very clear on what is happening with the future of it please.

I think OneBoro has come in for a bit of flack from a minority of people from your 606 days which I feel is unfair.We have given you a facility to continue your league and discussions after it was decided through no fault of your own that 606 was closing.We have members who want to participate and may be they dont want to get involved in an historical battle.

Fresh start,New Beginnings ????

Jesus doesn't seem to be very active with the PL? We need a leader who is committed and keeps everyone informed, this seems to come from Welshy with Alex keen to support.

To VB's point please can we have a clear direction and leadership.

i've enjoyed the chance to predict, good fun but things need to be pulled together communicated and regular updates given.

Yes I would agree with that Maccarone, especially as he recieved more votes than anyone else and was especially keen to do the job. Vector also makes a good point, things need to be clear & well organised. On 606 everything was well planned and run like clockwork, something that needs to happen here or the PL will end up losing all members.

It is alot for Welshy to do on his own (with his dodgy internet!), so I hope he cn recieve the support promised from Jesus.

Welshy ... If there is anything I can do then please do not hesitate to ask me. We were excited to get the Prediction League on OneBoro and I think we have done a fair amount of work to set things up for you and your members.It would be a shame to see it slip away especially when it is obviously a well run and respected competition.

I feel somebody needs to take the bull by the horns and stamp their authority on it before people start slipping away.