The future of the PL

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I can assure you of one thing and that is that I want to be at very least a co-organiser. I believe I have shown in the last couple of weeks that I can even run the PL on my own. However, being realistic there will be times when due to work reasons I could do with a hand.

For instance, will you be prepared to put the results article up on Friday? I honestly will not have the time to do it that day. Infact I won't be on here Friday at all.

I feel that the previous vote only caused the situation to be muddled, as maybe the website etc is not the most important aspect, and quite frankly such a low percentage of our 40 members had the time to vote.

I did not expect to get a high number of votes as I am relatively new to the Predictions League. However, I have plenty of experiance when it comes to organising fantasy football/fixture competitions going back to when I was 13/14 years old (about 20 years ago).

But now I've had a taster of organising this competition I'm very keen to stamp my mark on it. I feel that following Andy's departure, the website going down and the unsure situation regarding Jesus, someone needs to take the PL by the scruff of the neck, and I would like to be that person, and not just for this season, but for the years to come also.

So I am going to propose that even once Jesus returns that I will remain in overall charge of running this competition. I enjoy putting the articles up, I enjoy keeping track of everyone's scores, and I enjoy giving prizes.

If one person is in charge then we have clarity, decisions will not take days/weeks to come to, and the competition will flow.

If everyone agrees then I wish to assume full control of the Predictions League, with help when needed from Alex & Jesus. I will let you both know when I need a hand with articles etc, but in the main will run them myself (so you lads can sit back and enjoy the banter).

Superb article Welshy, full of energy and eagerness to drive this forward, the PL is in good hands, Alex has been superb also and will be a very valuable support to you.

I for one are more than happy to go with this, previous vote was a little flawed anyways.

This PL is all about the fun and banter of taking part, not sure a website gives that much advantage.

Thank you for your efforts just keep it going

Thank you, Maccarone :)

Any competition needs one person in overall charge. Otherwise there is bound to be an element of uncertainty to whom is responsible for articles/working out results etc.

The assistance of Alex and Jesus will no doubt be of great benefit to me, especially when we split the one league into 2/3 Divisions. However, I feel I am more than up to the task and I am looking forward to it.

I do not know if Alex and Jesus will care for me making such a stance. However, all that concerns me is the members who are taking part in what will be a very well organised and fun event to be involved in, and I will value both of their help over the coming season.

The website for me is very low on my priority list, although am happy for someone to develop one if they have the time and resources to do so.

What a website must not do however is;

1. Take members away from oneboro to predict. All predicting should take place on this forum. The banter involved when predicting is what keeps the predictions league alive (Alex, you are the man who really adds to this).

2. We have a fantastic match thread for each boro game on oneboro, again any website should not take away from this. A good predictions league community on oneboro will only enhance match threads on oneboro. If members disappear every saturday onto another a website then oneboro will suffer, as the 606 matchday articles did, and unlike 606 we do not have the 3 minute ruling, and thus the atmosphere is even better.

I love the Predictions League, and that is why I will make it a massive success.

Cheers :)

you've got my backing welshy. you seem very dependable and have come up with good ideas to enhance the PL. :)

agree that we dont really need a dedicated website, as nice as andy's was.

Welshy,

I am more than happy for you to run it alone, as stated I am happy to contribute/advise if asked in advance, but you defintely appear to be keen on doing this so why not! Do it! I was very unhappy about Andy running the PL because he is useless, but I have full faith in you. What you do about Jesus is up to you... Its a tricky one, but the lad hasnt made any contribution from a running the league point of view, and with university it is understandable...

Im not making any decision on that! But from my perspective the PL is all yours :)

Thank you :)

Well here's the deal for Alex and Jesus if they choose to accept.

I'll run the accumulated league until November.

Once we move to the second part of the season I will offer you both an aspect of the league or cup to look after.

I'll run the fixture articles for both leagues. But while I'll take the results article for Division 2, Jesus can take Division 1.

Meanwhile Alex is very welcome to run the fixtures and results thread for the knockout cup from start to finish. Once we know how many predictors we have we can make an early start organising when the cup will start.

How does this sound lads?

Can I add that if you havent experianced one of Alex's cup draws yet you havent lived :D last time out Jesus in his role as assistant wore a dress and high heels I recall! :o

sounds good Welshy, the PL would've fallen apart after Andy's sudden about-turn had it not been for you, so you more than deserve the role!

also, like Maccarone says... do we actually need a website?!

I only ever used the previous one to admire my league position...!

Thank you, Chickenlunch :) and your contribution to the Predictions league is well noted by myself. You are without doubt one of the Predictions League's favourite sons :)

Can I add for Alex, that you can be assured that the knockout cup can be yours to run every season :)

Cheers Welshy!

I think I am happy with everything you have said there... you do the league and good luck with it!! Definately will do the cups, as that is my forte I think and means I can do it how I would like it done this year :) haha forgot about the live draws, might have to do that again this year, took ages to do but was well worth it!!

Well, thats that sorted. Any complication now is if Jesus has a problem on his return...

By the way I agree about the website. The PL was great before the website was created, people seemed to think it was the way forward but it was always going to be something that lasted as long as Andy wanted to run it - an established forum is the way forward.

That said, I got a warning from one of the mods today for talking out of turn, now I know what you're all thinking, me.... out of turn? Surely not? Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

I have an interesting name for this seasons cup competition by the way... ;)

All we need to figure out is how many fixtures we need free for the cup. It's obviously dependant on the number of participants we will have come the end of November. I'm already calculating we'll have to use a few midweek fixtures - which is cool, and we can either use them for the league or cup. I'd calculated for a knockout we'd need 6 fixture articles, but it really depends on what you are planning, and I can free up extra weeks by even having two fixtures on one weekend. I.e. 10 premiership fixtures for one match and 10 Championship fixtures for a 2nd match. The possibilities are endless in that sense. So can we sit down at some point and you can tell me how many fixtures you think you'll require? So I can work it into the league fixtures. :)

And with regards to Jesus, I want him to take the Division 1 results threads so that he can remain heavily involved, it's the very least he deserves.

But I do feel that one person has to be in overall charge, and I would like to believe that I have shown with the format I have set up, along with my articles and my willingness to share aspects of the league with your goodself and Jesus; that I deserve a proper shot at it.

I would ask that Jesus does not need to worry about a website anymore, that he enjoys the Predictions League and that he will have the important role of overseeing who the winner of Division 1 will be :)