oneBoro Forum

The Games Industry

FIFA own the rights to most things, therefore, I will buy FIFA, I like my football games to be slightly realistic (only slightly because, come on, some of the stuff if FIFA can get ridiculously unrealistic)

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

If EA can bring back some of the 2010 features and improve on them, as well as making career mode (injurys, fixtures, transfer, squad selection) more realistic, nothing can stop them.

ahh, dont make the choice hard for me after i'd pretty much decided on fifa 12 maggy :D

is there videos of it somewhere?

:D

That video, although it doesn't show a lot, I think highlights just how smooth and crisp the game looks this year. The passing/crossing animations have definitely been improved and the whole game just seems a lot better. I enjoyed PES 11 so can't wait for this one. I don't know if anyone here played Master League Online, but that was the single greatest football online mode I've ever played on a console. So addicting!

If EA can bring back some of the 2010 features and improve on them, as well as making career mode (injurys, fixtures, transfer, squad selection) more realistic, nothing can stop them.

But the AI is just plain awful on FIFA and that's what is holding it back big time!

PES is finally starting to appeal to online gamers, especially with the introduction of Master League Online.

The game industry comes in for a lot of flack about addiction. If you are kicking your heals in the morning then please watch Sky News around 10 - 10.30am as a good friend of mine is being interviewed live defending the games industry.

PES is finally starting to appeal to online gamers, especially with the introduction of Master League Online.

I hated the offline Master League, I'm not going to like the online one :P

I've always played International Superstar Soccer (I'm old school) since the first one, I even used to get it early on Jap import, as some of you may know that was called Winning 11 lol. I would definately say the FIFA games have got better the last couple of years but I've always preferred ISS because of the gameplay. I do envy FIFAs use of the licenses etc because it adds to the realism and its basically like playing Sky Sports. I have a dream that one day they will merge; FIFAs licenses, stadia etc and ISS gameplay and call it Pro FIFA or something. I think if they done that I would not leave the house ever. I've also got a sicker dream that this Pro FIFA would then merge with Football Manager so you would manage your team in Football manager then play the games in the Pro FIFA format; call it Pro FIFA Manager or summit. Ive actually got a semi on thinking about this.

I miss Fifa 09's Career mode. When you could manually spend the experience points on your team. I played as Darlington, all my players had 99 Speed 99 Acceleration by the end of the first season (I had such a good team aswell, Camacho/Sakho/Sissoko/Ninis all in League 2). Ahhh those were the days.

Career mode is obviously better now, a bit more realistic even if I do have Arca playing for Chesterfield (we don't have Darlington anymore so had to pick a team I liked, and I think Jack Lester is amazing). I wish they'd bring in online cups or something, I don't think I've seen them anyway. Being able to play the FA Cup or something, where your team is randomly selected from the pool of teams. Would be good fun that I think.