The Games Industry

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I think they are perfect and probably one of the main reasons playstation has been so successfull

That plus the fantastic exclusive games they keep coming out with, mainly from first party developers.

http://www.sega.co.uk/fm2012/

Just been checking out the list of new features that will be in FM 2012. To be honest, it doesnt seem like much of a change. The ability to add and delete playable leagues at anytime is cool, as is the tone feature in conversations. But other than that,e verything just seems a little tweek. I was hoping for more of an overhaul to be honest, I stopped playing FM much sooner than normal this year because it got too boring and easy.

Yea I agree neverbefore, they seem to have got more slack with Championship Manager not bringing anything out. They control the market and just seem to be spouting the same game out with a few small tweaks. It is far too easy, I know I like winning but I'd rather it was realistic. I can get Boro to Premiership in first season usually, and then settle into mid table second season and push for 4th spot in 3rd season and usually win on my 4th. That could never happen and I'd rather see that reflected in the game. I'd like it to feel a challenge, it seems the computer managers aren't as good as real players. They should be. They should be able to see the right transfers for their team, which they never seem to make. They should be more adaptable in games too, and be able to utilize tactics more.

Another example of how easy the game is, with Mallorca I won La Liga in my first season.

I'm starting a game of FM2011 now with an updated database that incorporates all the summer transfers too. May update my progress in here every couple of game months. Unfortunately the database doesn't seem perfect, still got Wheater and O'Neill and no Ikeme but that's okay. It's only done by one guy so it's not going to be perfect. Not going to do any changes in the database myself, even though Joe Bennett should be better and have a PA of around 150.

Do you think they'll change players in the new one much for us? Bates/Bennett/Emnes/Steele/Smallwood all need big updates in my opinion.

They'll update players. They'll tweak things but in my opinion, it doesn't need much of an update. They made huge changes last year and I think they want to settle into a certain system. I expect more for 2012.

i have won champo and prem 1st attempt once purely on tactics and won with +1 goal difference against liverpool the second thathappend i sptopped playing cause i only spent 29.5 million sfter i sold players itsa 1000 miles away from champ man ..............................................................imso saddend

They'll update players. They'll tweak things but in my opinion, it doesn't need much of an update. They made huge changes last year and I think they want to settle into a certain system. I expect more for 2012.

Yeah a fine tune will do me

Actually, considering starting a new game of FM today, am off for the week so need something to keep me busy! Already had a game with a premiership team (spurs, Villa, ***nal), championship (Boro, many times!) and league 1 (southampton). Also had a short lived Napoli game, as well as my usual long terms Atletico Madrid game. Anyone got any suggestions on who to try next?

I had a database that took it all the way down to the 10th level and I played with my local team Northallerton, gave up by the time I was in League 1, but that took me a good 13/14 seasons. lol

I had a database that took it all the way down to the 10th level and I played with my local team Northallerton, gave up by the time I was in League 1, but that took me a good 13/14 seasons. lol

Do you know where you got that from?

Yeah I was going to download one of them but I never got round to doing it. What are the players stats like? 2s and 3s and that?

Yeah I was going to download one of them but I never got round to doing it. What are the players stats like? 2s and 3s and that?

My best striker had Finishing of 3 when I started. Quite bad thinking about it, I like to think I'm not bad at football. But these players are better than me and are rated as such.

Jesus, I got it from here. http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/07/26/the-best-custom-leagues-for-football-manager-2011/