The Games Industry

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Its kabajingai. (k-a-b-a-j-i-n-g-a-i) - not got Emnes but I would imagine he'll cost a bit due to his pace. The Boro kit is also plum hard to find. Only two or three on auction atm.

I think EA really need to fix H2H seasons imo. I hate having to re-change my squad after every match. :@

Having good success with Anzhi atm.

Really struggling with this new defence system, anyone got any tips?

Switch to 'legacy' defending - ie old-school style - the new system KILLED me, though it does look more comprehensive

Looking good so far though

Have to say that I also bought Fifa 12 for the ipad. It's by far the most entertaining app I've bought - honestly. Am in Manager Mode in League 2 and it's lots of fun

Have written down the xbox gamertags and will send invites soon

Oh, and FYI

The new career mode contains a scouting network, youth team, fatigue, morale and day to day stories/speculation that can spur on/unsettle players. It's harder, but more enjoyable and less predictive.

I also think the CPU is harder to beat

Looks like the be a pro season mode is full of stupidity again.

Opening game of the season against brighton and this is the lineup:

D Marshall

Bennett

Bates

McManus

McMahon

Halliday

Bailey

Arca

Emnes

Kink

Me.

What the hell like? How am I supposed to do anything with kink up top!?

I don't really play as Boro in CM or BAP, tried at the start of the game but it get's annoying as there are players you don't want to sell but have to and players you want to sell but can't due to their skill level on the game :P

Been playing as Eintracht Frankfurt in 2. Bundesliga, having fun with it apart from the CPU constantly cutting in and heading for the other wing meaning it's near impossible to get the ball :P

Went through quite a few teams to find a team I liked the feel of, usually takes a few days to find a team to start with for me :D

Really struggling with this new defence system, anyone got any tips?

Without cheating (That is, changing to the old defending as online default is the new one afaik).

What I mainly use against other players is have a computer player containing, it's quite hard for them to run through that way so they have to pass it around. Then with the player I control I regularly try to cover the best passing channels or depending on position go in for the tackle myself.

I'm not brilliant at it, but this seems to be working well online.

To follow up on my comment earlier about the Be a Pro career mode, im really really ***ed off at how much they've ruined it. When first introduced it was fantastic, a great new way to play a football game. but each year since they seem to be making it worse and worse, the players less intelligent, being played at inexplicible times despite being dead on your feet and the player improvement system absolutely terrible.

This year really takes the buscuit though. A feature I wanted in the game, transfers for the club you're actually at, has been introduced. Really really badly. The transfers have been unrealistic, and quite frankly, game breaking. For boro, the "manager" sold Kev Thomson, McDonald, Robson, McManus, Rhys Williams and Matty Bates and replaced them with... David Marshall. What the hell like. I'm now playing with Kink up top with me and Halliday and Emnes on the wings. So I'm at a severe disadvantage in every game and am finding it really difficult at even the weaker championship teams.

As I said, this is game breaking for me and has actually rendered that game mode unplayable. Which is sickening cause its one of my favourite modes.

Rant over... for now

Oh and Hoytes sold too...