oneBoro Forum

The Games Industry

What about Deus Ex : Human Revolution

Gamestop UK are selling it at a cracking price, brilliant reviews.

I was never a fan of the first one tbh. However Square Enix are now involved, so I might give it a crack until Battlefield comes out.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Thanks to the fact I'm off for a few days, Ive managed to finish the season already, finishing first by a good 15 points. Managed to get through the last month very quickly as I holidayed all the games once Id won the league. Very happy with the performance of the team, and kept on quite a few of the players that served me so well.

I added about 10 new free/loan signings for the blue square bet premier and feel I have a decent chance of finishing in the playoffs to get back to back promotions.

With regards to trying to move up the leagues faster by getting new jobs (the purpose of a journeyman game) I unfortunatly got knocked back about a 100 times in close season! So much so that the board forced me to apologise for applying to so many jobs to the fans! Oops! Nice touch though!

Might be having some free time soon, as it seems my visa application is getting delayed until the end of October. If that happens I'll happily share my PSN ID if anyone wants to play Fifa online or do some trading on UT.

Thinking of creating a Japanese team so I would happily trade good coins for them cards.

Wouldn't recommend BF3 Aarfy, after playing the Alpha I was left massively dissapointed.

I know it's just an Alpha, but it wasn't as much the bugs etc that annoyed me (that I can understand in Alpha phase). It was the overall feel of the game. Admittedly the map didn't have the planes which is one of BF's biggest sellers but the feel of combat was boring. Not like it was in BF2 at all (a game in which I loved for it's brilliance, the tactics you could use, jumping out a plane onto the wing of another plane and planting a C4 then jumping off the plane and detonating it just before deploying your parachute, always great fun to do)

It felt like a cheap COD rip off though, and I'm not a massive fan of COD anyway so my opinion maybe slightly invalid but I do love FPS' and I think BF3 is a let down. I'll still buy it though, probably for PS3 as opposed to PC.

PES 2012 demo came out on the PSN yesterday. I managed to download and give it a quick whirl. Just on the regular level I found the AI to be far more clever with the ball, especially in defence. Going to need to play a little bit more to get used to the game play. It feels very different to 2011, seems quite smooth and certainly some of the animations are improved.

Anyone else downloaded and tried it yet?

PES 2012 demo came out on the PSN yesterday. I managed to download and give it a quick whirl. Just on the regular level I found the AI to be far more clever with the ball, especially in defence. Going to need to play a little bit more to get used to the game play. It feels very different to 2011, seems quite smooth and certainly some of the animations are improved.

Anyone else downloaded and tried it yet?

I'm about to as you just reminded me! Will give my feedback later, hoping for good things.

Wouldn't recommend BF3 Aarfy, after playing the Alpha I was left massively dissapointed.

I know it's just an Alpha, but it wasn't as much the bugs etc that annoyed me (that I can understand in Alpha phase). It was the overall feel of the game. Admittedly the map didn't have the planes which is one of BF's biggest sellers but the feel of combat was boring. Not like it was in BF2 at all (a game in which I loved for it's brilliance, the tactics you could use, jumping out a plane onto the wing of another plane and planting a C4 then jumping off the plane and detonating it just before deploying your parachute, always great fun to do)

It felt like a cheap COD rip off though, and I'm not a massive fan of COD anyway so my opinion maybe slightly invalid but I do love FPS' and I think BF3 is a let down. I'll still buy it though, probably for PS3 as opposed to PC.

I'll reserve judgement until Beta comes out next month. Apparently a lot of the chaotic stuff which made BF2 great had be toned down. I do agree that they have taken a little too much from COD. I would have like to have seen them take what they had and put it in a new direction.

As for MW3, I quite like the look of Specs Op mode. Seems far better than the Zombie mode of previous COD games. Will definitely add a few more hours of fun gameplay online for me.

Right, after downloading PES and playing a couple of matches I'll give my verdict.

I started the game, and being made to watch the 3 minute intro was annoying, admittedly this won't happen in the game itself but it made the game look awful. The zombie like faces of Pique shouting. After a while it seemed to turn into an episode of Epic Meal Time, but instead of Bacon Strips and Bacon Strips and Bacon Strips it was Dragback and Dragback and Dragback. Truly awful Intro, worst I've ever seen in a football game.

Though this is more about gameplay, so forgetting the intro I went into a match on the difficulty setting it gave me (I later found this out to be Professional). I was Man Utd vs Napoli in the first match. The additions to the gameplay from PES 2011 are very noticeable from the start. My players make some very intelligent runs and I'm knocking the ball about freely between them until I get into a great opportunity and shoot, unfortunately due to PES controls I completely forgot Square was shoot so my "shot" went out for a throw in. After changing the controls I was onto the defensive.

This is where my main argument against PES comes in. Admittedly I've never been a PES fanboy, so maybe I haven't quite got to grips with defending. However, as a lover of football games I think I have a general know how in what to do. In PES however I found defending pretty much impossible. If there was a chance for an interception my player would just miss it completely or boot it up field, when the ball runs a little loose from an attacking player running with it coming in to take the ball seems impossible too and they end up skipping past you and you're on the back foot straight away, and my biggest hate of the game so far is defending crosses. A lot of the time a computer controlled player (or sometimes my player when trying to get the quick break from a headed clearance to the wing) would just head it behind the goal for a corner. However I did persist and I am trying to learn how to defend without all these annoying mishaps, I'm sure it's more down to my ability rather than the game itself.

However, whilst I slate the defensive side of the game, I find attacking great fun with just one problem that crept up a couple of times. Sometimes when I made a through ball the player I made the pass too would stop running for a second before I gained control of him. It only happened 2 or 3 times in the 2 matches I've played but it was a little annoying. The movement and running of the AI players is clever though, even defensively the AI seem to try and cover the pass routes well.

My only other slight concern is that it's still too easy to run with the ball. I scored a goal with Rooney against Porto where I picked the ball up at near the half way line, took it to the byline past 2 defenders, cut back inside to the box past another defender and slotted it home into the corner. This is on what I believe is the second hardest difficulty level, but it did seem far too easy especially without using any tricks other than wrong

footing defenders when they come in and just knock the ball the other way.

My overall verdict would be that whilst yes it's a massive improvement again upon PES 2011 with the fact you can now make passing moves that would make Barcelona jealous, it still doesn't add up to be a "Fifa Beater". Maybe next year Pro Evo can make the changes it so desperately needs in the defensive side with some minor tweaks here and there for the attacking and you never know it may well be better. Still, in it's own accord it's a great game. 8/10 for the Demo.

On a sidenote I probably will buy it anyway, I love the Become a Legend mode on PES, and the passing and movement improvements on PES are such that in that side of the game it does feel more fun than Fifa, however yet to see Fifa 2012 so we'll just have to wait and see! (Also massive apology for the length of it, I'm not very good at concise opinions :P)

Noddy.....defending is an art form on the 2011 version and I have to admit I didn't notice too much difference on this except one of the things you mentioned. A few times my timing seemed good yet the attacker still managed to get past me, whilst other times I kept giving away silly little fouls.

Still, there's time for improvements on this for the real version also.

I also know what you mean about the video scenes and the zombie looks. It seems like they've tried to use the actual faces of the players and then made them into a comic strip colouring scheme. Having said that, I always play the game on wide where player details are not so important. How it looks to me is more about the long sighted vision of whether I can believe I'm running around on a football pitch or not, and much less to do with whether a player's face looks exactly like him when in close ups. I can live without any improvements there as long as the game is good.

The game is good there's no denying that. It's a massive stepup from what 2011 was and that was a huge leap from 2010 so it's getting there. I'm the same with you, I'm not fussed too much on the graphics either so long as it feels real.

I took this video about 10 minutes ago just to highlight something else I didn't like. (Apologies for terrible quality, my blackberry isn't renowned for great videos) It shows me making a pass to Rooney and scoring, which seems fine on the surface until you notice the two defenders next to Rooney when he receives the ball. I know Rooney steps up to meet the ball (something that irritates me in Fifa when they don't do it, something PES actually has an advantage on) but the two defenders keep on going like the balls travelling where they're going (no defender would ever really do this). It isn't until I receive the ball and turn do they stop and attempt to redeem themselves but it's too late as I have an easy chance tucking it in the bottom corner.

[video=youtube]

I know I'm nitpicking, and realize I do disect the game an awful lot but one day I want a perfect football game (if it's possible). On a seperate note, I'm extremely glad they've brought back Training Challenges. I loved these in the older games :D Just spent 30 minutes before doing the attacking ones to get to grips with more controls.

I'm impressed with the PES 12 demo. You can actually beat players for pace! Massive plus point imo.

Also the crossing has been fixed and the finesse shot has been greatly improved. I scored a brilliant goal with Ze Eduardo.. you just don't see those goals in PES 11.

I love the pacing of the game in general. Just love the demo tbh, I'm hooked on it and it's only an early build of the game.