The Games Industry

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I'm looking forward to FIFA 12 too, although not as much as PES.

One thing I am pleased about is the pre-order bonuses they are doing here in America. Since I've pre-ordered the game I'll be receiving 24 FREE gold packs on Ultimate Team. Not bad that!

It really is an amazing offer and I was VERY surprised that it doesn't cost a penny more! I do the same nb, I end up spending a fair bit on packs every year! Unfortunately it's too hard to build a decent squad otherwise. Definitely won't be doing that this year because of this offer and the fact that I like to create silver/bronze teams now.

Its more the contracts that I buy the packs for. Most of my players I get in the trading store. It pains me to spend my hard earned coins on contracts!

And cheers Prowler. Normally the price goes down to like 30 quid just before the release date in tescos or sainsburies and then all the online stores try to follow by price matching, so Ill wait till that bidding war takes place before committing!

I'm looking forward to FIFA 12 too, although not as much as PES.

One thing I am pleased about is the pre-order bonuses they are doing here in America. Since I've pre-ordered the game I'll be receiving 24 FREE gold packs on Ultimate Team. Not bad that!

Gamestation are doing the same thing in the UK. Although its 44.99 for Ultimate Edition with 24 free packs.

Thanks to the weak dollar though, games in the US are so much cheaper now. I think its 35 quid for Fifa 12 UT mode.

Played the new Pro Evo. Yeah you really have to be more skilled at defending but I actually think its a lot more smarter than its predecessors. Shooting is a lot harder and takes far more skill and you really have to think about how to set the play up. In the past it was so easy to rely on pace destroying players, now you have to cleverly work out how to get around defenders.

I do like how you can get canny little deflections and how strikers will follow up on deflected shots from free-kicks etc. The AI overall seems a lot smarter and intuitive to your overall build-up.

However, the tactics system is a nightmare to work around and having to look up player stats is far too cumbersome. I get the impression though that much of the in game language is still in the beta stage of development or if it isn't then Konami really need to sack their stupid American language translators. ('Exhibition', 'Place kicking'..? wtf.)

Also, the replays and goal celebrations seem to slow down on my TV for some reason. They don't seem as fluid as in the past and you get awful juttery lines. It doesn't look smooth at all. I'm willing to contest my TV isn't good enough, but still it just looks poor.

Lastly, heading for me seems a little too light and hard to control and getting the tackling right appears to be rock hard. However... it plays nicely but unless Konami decide to introduce a UT mode or something similar to the online version they have in Japan its got no chance of overturning Fifa this year.

What Ive always wanted pro Evo to do is when you save a few replays and go to view them again you cant just skip to the next one or view them in a montage. You have to exit the one you are viewing and then load the next one up and it. takes. forever.

I jumped ship from Pro Evo last year, following a year of being pestered from by brothers and finally, when the disc broke whilst moving.

Had always been a PES man since the SNES - loving Master League (btw Chu Young Park was always a monster!) but the 'revamp' just seemed lame, plus the customisable tricks etc just didn't seem to work that well.

FIFA poached half of the Konami team a few years ago, and since then it has really shown. No more playing weird teams five times a season - real teams, players etc and the gameplay is so much better than when Gary Neville used to be able to routinely perform bicycle kicks.

Have pre-ordered FIFA with the additional packs - cunning by EA to set up a second economy - read somewhere that there have been over 1bn coins spent - not a bad little earner.

Anyway, am occasionally on Xbox Live as gordoni

Am on Soundcloud also for those who like their (credible) dance music

www.soundcloud.com/gordoni

FIFA poached half of the Konami team a few years ago, and since then it has really shown. No more playing weird teams five times a season - real teams, players etc and the gameplay is so much better than when Gary Neville used to be able to routinely perform bicycle kicks.

Thats probably why they nicked a lot of the control set up and other things from ISS/Pro evo then.

Edit: Just had a quick flick through your set on sound cloud. Nice mate. Although its listed as track and not a set. I love Tech House, Minimal, Techno, Deep House etc.

Nice to hear Baby Kate in there aswell, Havent heard that for a while, its filthy. Whats the track ID @ 32.50???

Thats probably why they nicked a lot of the control set up and other things from ISS/Pro evo then.

Edit: Just had a quick flick through your set on sound cloud. Nice mate. Although its listed as track and not a set. I love Tech House, Minimal, Techno, Deep House etc.

Nice to hear Baby Kate in there aswell, Havent heard that for a while, its filthy. Whats the track ID @ 32.50???

Ha, glad you appreciated that little nod back! Not sure how to list it as a set - tried to edit it just now. Not to worry. Another one in the pipeline now I've just got back from Ibiza, so watch this space! I'll be at the Sugar Shack in no time (although I'm told it's all about The Arena now, which is quite funny). There's a tracklist in the description - tune is Sebo K - Mr Duke. Enjoy!

Mr Duke eh? thats fitting seeing as though Boro are linked with Juke from coventry today.

The Medicine Bar (formerly Purple Onion) has some class line ups too. Ivan Smagghe, Josh Wink, Carl Craig and others lately. Good little scene brewing round here. Some good flash parties too if your in the loop.

The Medicine Bar (formerly Purple Onion) has some class line ups too. Ivan Smagghe, Josh Wink, Carl Craig and others lately. Good little scene brewing round here. Some good flash parties too if your in the loop.

Nice - moved away for Uni/pastures new at 18 so don't get to go out that much when back (I'm a wooly-back from Guisborough). When I did, it was Ollie Faulkener at Sugar Shack with Judge Jules!

Went to Medicine Bar last time I was back - decent enough but was quiet. Have seen some ridiculous names being booked recently though.

Was at DC10 last Monday - now THAT is a night out...

Nice - moved away for Uni/pastures new at 18 so don't get to go out that much when back (I'm a wooly-back from Guisborough). When I did, it was Ollie Faulkener at Sugar Shack with Judge Jules!

lol

Went to Medicine Bar last time I was back - decent enough but was quiet. Have seen some ridiculous names being booked recently though.

Was at DC10 last Monday - now THAT is a night out...

Ah DC10, heres my favourate vid of DC10, 1:29 is ridiculous