oneBoro Forum

Best and worst

Player to play for Boro- Juninho

Boro match you attended- MFC vs Sevilla Eindhoven, 06 UEFA Cup final.

Away stadium you've visited- Stadio Olimpico

Boro match ever- Roma 1-2 Middlesbrough at the Stadio Olimpico

League Cup in 04 sticks out as well but being an Italian football blogger/fanatic and living out there studying for a year, co incidently 06-07, I just managed to catch the Roma/MFC game over there and it was fantastic.

There was some problems with Ultra's and attacks on Boro fans in the plaza but that aside the actual matchday experience was phenomenal.

Worst:

Player to play for Boro- Marinelli

Boro match I attended- 5-1 defeat to Pompey in 2004

Away stadium- Fratton Park

Boro match ever- 0-7 defeat to ***nal

What about your worst?

Player to play for Boro - Juninho & Lee dong gook

Boro match you attended - 8-1 vs Man City, 1-3 vs Watford.

Away stadium you've visited - Southampton, worst would be Portsmouth or Palace.

Boro match ever - 4-3 vs Basle, loved that game. Worst would be, Losing to cardiff in the FA Cup a few years ago.

Best:

Player to play for Boro: Juninho

Boro match you attended: Middlesbrough 4-2 Steua Bucharest

Away stadium you've visited: Old Trafford

Boro match ever: Middlesbrough 8-1 Man City.

Worst:

Player to play for Boro: Dong-Gook-Lee

Boro match you attended: Sunderland 3-2 Middlesbrough

Away stadium you've visited: Fratton Park

Boro match ever: Middlesbrough 0-2 Cardiff (F.A Cup Quarter Final)

Best-

Player to play for Boro - Schwarzer (Biased, I'm a keeper. He's my idol)

Boro match you attended - Boro vs Steau. Atmosphere was electric.

Away stadium you've visited - Old Trafford, only ever been for the Youth Cup Finals in 2004 was it? Great stadium none the less.

Boro match ever - Hmmm. Boro v Bolton - Carling Cup Final

Worst -

Best and worst-

Player to play for Boro - Hamilton Ricard

Boro match you attended - Boro v West Ham FA Cup Semi Final 2006. Lost 1-0, was a boring match and we could have won it.

Away stadium you've visited - Hillsborough - Been many years since I've been, but used to go every season we played them. Never liked the stadium.

Boro match ever - Hmmm. Probably the Boro v Leeds when we got relegated in the 96/97 season. Was heartbreaking even at 8 years old.

Player to play for Boro- huth loved him 4 some reaso

Boro match you attended- MFC vs m city

Away stadium you've visited- Stadio Olimpico

Boro match ever- Roma 1-2 Middlesbrough epic!!!!

Worst:

Player to play for Boro- brad jones

Boro match I attended- 5-1 defeat to Pompey in 2004

Away stadium- Fratton Park total fooking dive will never go again and i live in fareham portsmouth

Boro match ever- 5-1 defeat to Pompey in 2004 horrific to a team that doesnt deserve to exist

Player to play for Boro- Graeme Souness closely followed by Juninho

Boro match you attended- Carling Cup Final against Bolton (But beating United 3-2 and 4-1 was great)

Away stadium you've visited- Old Trafford

Boro match ever- See above

Worst:

Player to play for Boro- Peter Davenport (high expectations and delivered nothing)

Boro match I attended- FA Cup Final against Chelsea or Leeds (within a week of each other)

Away stadium- Ewood Park, crap fans and a dump of a ground.

Boro match ever- Cardiff FA Cup exit, it was plainly obvious that Southgate was not upto the job even though most fans knew it when he was appointed.A massive low.

Best:

Player to play for Boro = Juninho

Boro match you attended = Boro 8-1 Man City

Away stadium you've visited = Villa Park

Boro match ever = Bucharest at the Riverside or the Carling Cup Final 04

Worst:

Player to play for Boro = Jason Euell or Dong Gook Lee but i am sure there is worse i have forgotten.

Boro match you attended = almost any match i went to under Strachan or the last home match of the 08 - 09 season where everyone knew we would be relegated

Away stadium you've visited = St James' park just because of the weather and where i was sitting really.

Boro match ever = see above

Players:

Best: In terms of outright ability I'd say Boksic. In terms of outright passion and loyalty I'd say Higgy.

Worst: Fecking hell. Alan Wright maybe? There has been tons down the years who I've forgotten about.

Match attended:

Best: Lazio 2004 or Liverpool 1996.

Worst: I would love to say the load of recent 0-1 home losses from the last two seasons but I'd say that Fulham game under McClaren when we threw away 2 points in injury-time. The Leeds game when Viduka lobbed Schwarzer in injury-time was a killer as well.

Stadium:

Best: Millennium Stadium

Worst: Fratton Park is a ***ing dump. As was the Manor Ground, but that had a bit of nostalgic charm to it. Pompey's stadium was just fugly and awful.

Match:

Best: In terms of sheer excitement: Steaua 2006.

Worst: Anything under Strachan. :dodgy:

Players:

Best: Juninho purely for the magic of his football

Worst: Andy Dibble

Match attended:

Best: Boro V Man Utd when we won 4-1

Worst: QPR away on a Tuesday night we lost 4-0 and it was embarrasing (Andy Dibble referal previously)

Stadium:

Best: Old Trafford

Worst: Plough Lane closley followed by Selhurst Park (always a difficult journey)

Match:

Best: Man Utd home as previously mentioned

Worst: Losing heavily against ***nal

Best

Player to play for Boro - on his day - Mark Viduka,

Boro match you attended - UEFA Semi

Away stadium you've visited - ***nal

Boro match ever - Carling Cup Final

worst

Player to play for Boro - this is hard! Whelan? Pollock? McGee?

Boro match you attended - boro v charlton - few years ago - 0-0 most boring game of football ever

Away stadium you've visited - Selhurst Park

Boro match ever - the Cardiff FA cup game was pretty embarrassing, plus a few under Strachan

Best

Player to play for Boro - Bryan Robson and Mendieta but we never had them at their best

Boro match I attended - Boro v Luton 1995, last game at Ayersome, Crowned champions of Div 1, I was only a kid and me and my dad hid behind the seats at the end and waited, some players came out onto the pitch after a while and I had a kick about with Nigel Pearson and got a picture with George Hardwick, good times when the world seemed so innocent

Away stadium - The old Wembley, its Wembley ffs

Boro match Ever - Carling Cup win, first trophy ever

Worst

Player - I really, really hated every game Brad Jones played so it would have to be him

Boro match I attended - Cardiff cup FA exit, genuinely depressing as we would have had a great chance to win the FA cup against pompey in the final

Away stadium - Highfield Road, Coventry. Just crap.

Boro match ever - Not so much the worst in a sense but the Uefa cup final was a big anti climax, great just to be there though

Best player to play for Boro - Boksic, shame he wasnt bothered because he was one of the best players of his generation.

Worst - the non bothered Boksic :)

Best Boro match you attended - The UEFA cup semi final, it wasnt possible. It happened though.

Worst - Probably the FA cup game vs Cardiff, we should have easily beat them. We had the ability and then we could have gone onto the final and made it a second cup win. So dissapointing.

Best Away stadium you've visited - Dravograd, pre season game this season. Treat like a god. Lovely people.

Worst - recently peterborough, god i hate terraces.

Best Boro match ever - UEFA semi for reasons mentioned above

Worst - Newcastle in the championship, terrible place to sit away fans, we were dire.