• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Men stop with the insults. Dxmge is entitled to his opinion (of which he could do with clarifying) even if it differs to others

He's entitled to his opinion, I'm entitled to call him a knobhead for spouting such garbage.

That's where you're wrong, you can't. Now I don't even see a opinion as such more of a statement. You can of course ask him to elaborate the statement then you rebuff/discredit/ and discuss further. But don't descend into name calling

For my part, I know a few RF lads and have nothing but good things to say about them. I'm sure there are some less reputable ones in there, but that could go for anywhere in the ground. Fact is, the RF do a lot for the Gary Parkinson Trust, and unless anyone has first hand experience of them being thuggish, it's not constructive to throw generalisations around.

RF had this statement posted on our forum looking for some support, and the first response is a sweeping (not to mention completely inaccurate) generalisation which helps nobody. In fact, I'd go so far as to say he posted it with the intention of causing trouble. Look at his post history ffs.

Was probably deserved, just a bunch of thugs from what I've seen of them

Idiotic post

This group have seriously added to theatmosphere and would be a massive loss to the match day experience

As for stewarding , give someone a yellow coat and all that...

RF had this statement posted on our forum looking for some support, and the first response is a sweeping (not to mention completely inaccurate) generalisation which helps nobody. In fact, I'd go so far as to say he posted it with the intention of causing trouble. Look at his post history ffs.

Well said DZ

As some of you will be aware, during the first half of the home game against Brighton at the end of the last season, the group left the stadium; taking our banners and the drum with us. This was in protest against what we believed to be over-zealous stewarding from a particular group of match day stewards. We'd like to make it public as to why this happened, what have been the results and how Red Faction will be reacting to these results.

With there being a large crowd at this game, Block 62 had become slightly overcrowded on a couple of rows and one or two supporters were standing on chairs, as everybody was getting well into the spirit of things with the big play-off semi final games coming up. In the early stages of the game, a team of stewards came into the block and attempted to "deal with" what they believed to be an unsafe environment. While we had no qualms with this, the actions this team of stewards took in attempting to "deal with" this situation were not only poorly executed but potentially antagonistic. Their actions, including aggressively gesticulating towards younger supporters as they looked to check their ticket details, incited a heated verbal back and forth between the group and the stewards in question. Annoyed with what was happening and to avoid further exacerbating an already irritable situation, the group decided to leave the stadium. As the group were leaving, some of these stewards then began to eject individuals from the stadium and also stopped some members who were outside in the smoking area from re-entering the ground. This led to further heated exchanges between both sides in the smoking area, witnessed by many other Boro fans, who were shocked and appalled as to how the stewarding staff were behaving.

With the game still going on, we chose to congregate outside of the Ayresome Gates as we waited for the North Stand Bar to open, as well as attempting to contact senior club officials based in stadium management and fan liaison. After a couple of drinks in the North Stand Bar we spent time with a few of the players and members of the coaching staff (Karanka and Cachada) outside of the ground to discuss the possibility of one or two of them attending our end of season charity fundraising event and also to congratulate them on a successful season. At this point, senior members of the stewarding team involved in the earlier incidents approached the players car park and made quite obvious derogatory hand gestures towards the group, again inciting heated words from ourselves before they went back inside the stadium. Independent accounts from non-group members can be found on the Gazette Facebook page to back these claims up. Following this, a van load of police officers arrived to inform us that the club had asked them to remove us from the premises after complaints from these stewards. We duly left the stadium grounds.

In the week after this incident, a number of group members were placed under temporary club bans and one group members was notified via text that an investigation was underway. These bans were then lifted in time for the play off semi-finals and the final at Wembley itself. We even worked alongside the club to secure a designated section for the group at Wembley which led us to believe that the good relationship that we have built up with the club over the past two years was firmly intact and hadn't been affected. Season tickets were renewed and plans were put under way for the coming season. However, after those members who had been placed under temporary bans were called into individual and heavily biased meetings with club officials, we were told that five group members had received club bans of varying lengths. Two of these five were given club bans despite not being able to defend themselves as the club were unable to arrange meetings at a suitable time for all involved.

While the group fully accepts fault on our part during this incident (we could probably have been more verbally diplomatic with the stewards in the first instance, despite provocation etc.) we believe that the way the club has handled this matter has been completely unprofessional, downright laughable and that the actions taken have been grossly inappropriate. We take particular issue with the club on a number of points including, but not exclusive to:

- Group members repeatedly being told in these meetings "that's hard to believe" and "we'll agree to disagree on that" in relation to complaints about the stewards actions.

- Members of this stewarding team forwarding fictional accounts of the incident to the club including placing a number of false accusations at our door that have been proved to be nothing more than vicious lies from CCTV evidence, including that group members had spat at stewards, certain group members being accused by name despite having already left the immediate area and that group were abusing Brighton players and staff outside of the ground despite the group being in the North Stand bar at the time.

- Numerous and identical accounts from ourselves being waved away in favour of the words of some of the stewards, despite many of their accusations being disproved and complaints about this stewarding team being lodged from the group even when we were situated in Block 53; as well as these stewards being allowed the opportunity to lodge their version of events immediately following the game while our meetings were sprung upon us and hastily arranged months down the line.

- Group members involved in the investigation being allowed to buy season tickets, without any official notification of this ongoing investigation, which could have led to severe financial loss to those particular members.

- This investigation being orchestrated in such a way as to suit the club's own PR desires

- Those members under club bans being told in writing that the club still wants them to help organise match day displays, displays that are frequently used in the club's media initiatives.

We, as a group, feel that given these circumstances that we can't just sit back and carry on in the same vein as last season when the club have seemingly worked so hard to fracture what was becoming a blossoming relationship between us, as we look to further add to the atmosphere on match days. As a result there will not be any displays or banners from the group on a match day while the drum will also be absent from Block 62, at least until those members have their bans rescinded or they expire. The group will still be active on a match day and we urge every supporter to join us in vocally backing the team throughout the season, as the players and Aitor Karanka look to deliver automatic promotion on the back of another summer of superb financial support from Steve Gibson in the transfer market.

We hope that all Boro fans understand the decision we have taken. Without you, there is no club for any of us to support. Here's to another brilliant season on and off the pitch. If you have any information regarding this incident please contact us on redfaction2008@gmail.com, it would be much appreciated.

FANS NOT BANS

This should be sent directly to Steve Gibson ..... a big loss on matchdays

Tbf dell_zinct, the mods, like me, probably agree with you in principle, however they're responsibility is to uphold the rules, just like its ours to follow them. But yeah he is that what you said.

For me I've only ever seen trouble in that neck of the woods once and that was when the Leeds fans were in town, who we all know are frankly just awful.

Ok guys we are detracting from the main point that the RF wanted to raise.

Posts have been edited, PM's sent and now we move on and discuss the best way to support the members of Red Faction, the club and the best way to move forward as a united club

Great to see supportive posts on here. As one of the lads effected I wouldn't describe my behaviour as 'thuggish' but everyone's entitled to their opinion. We're hoping to have successful appeals as some of the accusations are frankly laughable, we very much hope to be back supporting the team very soon. If anybody would like to show support for the group they could drop MFC an email at supporters@mfc.co.uk

Cheers for the support. UTB.

The club really will do anything to ruin their relationship with the fans. Very surprised they havnt sent another letter asking for people to be quiet unless we score :D

Sat in the south stand for over two years now and I havnt seen any real trouble in all that time, certainly nothing worthy of a ban for anyone.

Stewards really make me laugh, give these idiots a yellow jacket and they think they rule the world!

As fans, you shouldnt be having to fight every step against the club, do the people running it not realise how much time and effort people put into these displays and following the team in general, clearly not it seems

Cant really comment on the incident, but it would be a great shame to lose the atmosphere the RF create. The drum is often the thing that sparks a song in an otherwise crowd I've noticed.