• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Wigan play good stuff too though their defence always looks suspect. Its hard to see past the three promoted teams and blackburn for relegation. QPR may have a fighting chance with their rush of signings, some of which were pretty good ones.

• 4 weeks later...

It appears that the rumours are about to start all over again, whilst it makes good business sense to sell short term, the way he's been playing long term he has to stay at least until the end of the season and see where we are then and if he wants to stay.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/middlesbrough/9297754.Swansea_to_make_renewed_approach_for_Bates/

If we are still up there in january and if the defence is still as tight, it wouldn't make sense to sell him. However, if we have stuttered and we are leaking goals again, we might as well sell him. I can't see the defence turning bad though, and only injuries will affect our tight backline.

I'm sure he'd sign a new contract if we are promoted, so if we are still in with a fair chance of promotion, we should look to keep him.