oneBoro Forum

Lewis Maloney - Profile

Lewis Maloney

DOB – 5/5/95

Squad Number -

Debut -

maloney.jpg

Lewis is in the first year of a two year scholarship with the club. Technically gifted player who is able to play anywhere across the midfield.

Scored his first U18 goal vs Crewe (Sat 10th September) when he superbly half volleyed the ball in off the crossbar.

Personal thoughts

Having seen the player at U16 &U18 level the first thing that hit me was his height. He reminded me very much of former Boro Youth Anthony Peacock. A player who at the time was a massive talent but because of the physical nature of the English game struggled to make any impact.

Is defiantly NOT a midget.

• 1 month later...

lol definaterly not a midget, just a vertically challenged individual :P

but with fantastic technical ability (ive been told that no one can win him in the bleep test?

for anyone who wants to know what is a bleep test ,itswere they have to run from one cone to the next and keep up with the time of the bleep.

but with fantastic technical ability (ive been told that no one can win him in the bleep test?

for anyone who wants to know what is a bleep test ,itswere they have to run from one cone to the next and keep up with the time of the bleep.

No one can win him??? really?

and I think everyone knows what a bleep test is, its in the name....

No one can win him??? really?

and I think everyone knows what a bleep test is, its in the name....

yeah but there are different types of bleep tests.

nike go around academys with there version (sprinting test i think)?

• 6 months later...

Lewis Maloney

DOB – 5/5/95

Squad Number -

Debut -

maloney.jpg

Lewis is in the first year of a two year scholarship with the club. Technically gifted player who is able to play anywhere across the midfield.

Scored his first U18 goal vs Crewe (Sat 10th September) when he superbly half volleyed the ball in off the crossbar.

Personal thoughts

Having seen the player at U16 &U18 level the first thing that hit me was his height. He reminded me very much of former Boro Youth Anthony Peacock. A player who at the time was a massive talent but because of the physical nature of the English game struggled to make any impact.

Is defiantly NOT a midget.

watch him at sheff wed best boro player on the pitch .(my opinion) past the ball very well ,put garrity through twice ,also created a move after beating two players with skill ,went for 1 2 with garrity on the edge of box but poor ball from garrity .otherwise maloney would have been through on goal.TOOK OFF AFTER 60MINUTES due to very long lay off.have not seen him on the pitch since????? shame

Sorry lads - hand up.

The midget is a comment which I suspect is directed at me but may well be taken out of context.

The lads were playing at Stoke who were a very big and robust side. Our lads BY COMPARISON were much smaller. It was like MIDGETS against GIANTS.

I've a feeling that I wrote a report / comment after the game describing the Boro midfield as "midgets". I was trying to get across the physical difference in the sides but seem to have managed to tread on a few toes by doing so. So be it.

If anyone is still upset, can I apologise ?

my midget comment wasn't directed at you, i believe it was in reference to another convo "argument" powlay was having with some random poster regarding powlays comment that some kid was small, this guy took it the wrong way...must of been the kids dad/uncle/love or something lol aaaaaaaaaanyways

yeah i think i was describing Maloney and used the term midget which didnt go down well with the player and others.

I explained i wasnt meaning literally i was meaning in a physical description. He is still smallwe than me, so technically i can call him (and i do) a midget, think he is taller than andre bennett though who...is what a dwarf? :D (the term midget/dwarf doesnt mean they aint good players both are.)

Guys it is nice of you to be so kind and let me off the hook.

I've a feeling that we got into some debate about quality and size. We all know that there have been some quality players that were below average height. The ones that spring to my mind are John White, Bobby Collins and Bobby Johnston but younger memebers would perhaps chose Billy Bremner and Johnny Giles.

They do however seem to becoming rarer and rarer. Stoke have clearly chosen to go for big lads only in their academy and I had the impression that Sheffield Wednesday are following the same route with theirs. Speed and size seem to matter more in modern football than traditional footballing skills which I find quite sad.

It really is what the McMahon and Hoyte debate is all about. The rest of the championship managers will all know that McMahon is relatively slow so their quick left winger will pass him with ease. Mac may be a smart cookie and good defender but a push past and run like hell will defeat him every time