oneBoro Forum

England v Montenegro

So basically Rooney will miss the first two matches of Euro 2012 because of suspension now. Similar to what Arshavin had.

What an idiot.

Anyone else thinks Rooneys Dad had a few grand on Rooney being sent off tonight?

:D

No surprise. It was coming really.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Or maybe england just arent as good as they think they are? :|

That too. Even with Rooney we have no chance anyway.

Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Holland - all better than England.

I would happily take getting out of the group stages next summer, such is the low optimism I have over this team.

For you late watchers, still plenty of football to come. Argentina v Chile. :cool:

What a plonker Rooney is, i wouldn't even take him to the Euro's for that.

But well done Wales on winning 2-0, Gary Speed hasn't half turned it around for them. Looking a much more better and hungry unit these days.

Have to say, I think we're way beyond other European countries. Great on qualifying, but i've hardly been celebrating tonight, our talk has all been about where it went wrong: Brazil in the WC quarters, Croatia at Wembley..etc.

My mate tonight thought we should sack Capello... I think, fair enough, but who to replace him with? Redknapp is the obvious candidate, but personally i'd rather have Hoddle or Venables back!

Anyway, we were both agreed that we are lagging way behind at least 4 other European Nations

I want 'Arry to get it. I also want whoever comes in next to trust the youngsters and be given time. I'd play similar to this.

--------------Hart---------

Smalling--Jones---Cahill-----Baines

Young--Wilshere-Cleverly--Johnson

--------Rooney--Wellbeck-----

I think Jones is going to be a world class centreback no doubt, he's just so good for his age and has a continental flair about his play. Smalling is looking great, I couldn't think of any young other CB hence why Cahill is there (I guess he's still quite young at 25) Would make him 28 for the next WC). I massively rate Cleverly and Wilshere too, both seem to have something different about them too. Cleverly is a pass master and Wilshere is great at breaking up play, it'll show when he gets back fit and ***nal just start having that extra edge about them again. Young and Johnson to me are no brainers, you could have them switching wings constantly like Young/Downing did at Villa. Then Rooney and Wellbeck up front.

I personally think last night Rooney's head wasn't in the right place after everything that happened. He has calmed down so much over the past 4 years or so and I think it's a shame for him to just lose it like that, can't see us doing anything at the finals so would again like to see us go with a young team to give them experience!