oneBoro Forum

Good to see Steele back

I think the timing of Steele's return is potentially bad, no because I rate Ikeme higher or anything like that, but our recent form hasn't been as convincing...yes we've not conceeded but we've had a few very close calls in all those games really. We are undoubtedly going to loose a game soon if we be more pressening especially at home and take the game at them and score a couple of goals in the games like millwall that are there for the taking. Steele could easily come in in a couple of weeks, and we could loose his first game back without any fault to the lad just beecause the other team scored their chances.

I dont think Ikeme has braught much to the team that Steele couldn't except his abilities when its set peices. though maybe steele's been watching and learning.

we need to go easy on the lad and give him as much time as we have Ikeme when he returns....remember PSV????

I'll be sad to see Ikeme go as he's done a fantastic job while he's been with us.

As Boro-unger said though, the timing of Steele's return couldn't really be better. If Ikeme has to go in a couple of weeks, it gives Jason time to have a couple of reserve games to help get him match-fit again.

With our defence the way it is, its a great time for him to make his comeback. Who knows, maybe he'll start keeping some clean sheets as well.

Steele is our Number 1, it's as simple as that, once Mowbray is happy with his fitness, he'll be back between the sticks. Ikeme has done a cracking job and I hope he gets picked up by another club, or promoted at Wolves.

Steele is our Number 1, it's as simple as that, once Mowbray is happy with his fitness, he'll be back between the sticks. Ikeme has done a cracking job and I hope he gets picked up by another club, or promoted at Wolves.

And lets hope that the supporters show him that at the end of his last game with us!!! Great lad!

With the fact that Steele played today and with the not so suprising comments have we now seen the end of Ikeme.

If it is factual that he has injured his hand and could not be in goal today then it must follow that he will not be available for the Forest game for the same reasons and will that not bring his loan period to an end or will Mogga give him first choice for his actual last game so that the fans can give him the applause he so rightly deserves from us?

Personally I think it is a great shame he is going back as his presence has coincided with some of the best results Boro have had for quite sometime

He is only availailable for a few more weeks anyway, and then steele would have to come in.

Shame or not it has to happen.

Agree with you Powlay but will Mogga use Steele from now on or will he give Ikeme that last game to say goodbye to the Boro faithful which I think he deserves

I dont understand why people are giving so much importance upon Ikeme being there, the defensive solidity has come from 2 main people in my view, two people that were not available and didn't perform as coherantly last year. Captain Matty Bates, and The goal machine nicky Bailey has revolutionised our defense. Yes Ikeme helps a bit more the steele in set pieces BUT do not undermine the hard work the back 4/5 (depending on formation) and baileys influence upon the team. THIS is much more significant than whether a loan keeper stays or not (not that he can anyway) so we are at where we are at, i'm happy steele is back and he'll develop in to a far superior keepr than ikeme ever will (maybe) and good luck to OUR keeper.