oneBoro Forum

Do you follow any teams other than Boro?

I'm not sure how successful this thread will be in this new section of the forum, as I know some people will have just bookmarked the main boro forum and not even know this is here or not bother checking!

Anyways, the question is are there any other teams which you follow or support and why?

For me, I tend to have a favourite team in every major foreign league, as well as my own local team, Omagh Town FC up until its dissolving a few years ago. In Italy, I follow AC Milan (actually watching AC vs Palermo game atm, the inspiration for this thread!), in Spain I follow Real Madrid, although thats more recent and mainly because of Kaka, love the man so much. France is M***ille and Germany is Schalke.

Would be interested in everyones perspectives on this. Do you think it possible for anyone to support more than one club, even if they're not in the same league?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Well living in Leeds I support Boro but follow whats going on with Leeds quite close. Also semi follow Leeds Rhino's.

Other than that i dont really have the time/inclination to keep track of many others :(

have you ever been to see these other teams of yours or is it a love from afar thing ?

I always look out for Hartlepool and Darlington scores as they are clubs that I watched as a youngster when Boro were playing away.

I also follow Man City scores , even before their riches and signing AJ because I spent 20 years of my life living in Manchester.As a kid I had a soft spot for Liverpool but fell out with love with them when Moores sold out to G&H and Rafa was their manager but the combination of Kenny and Downing being there has started me singing "you will never walk alone" again.

Both parents from Liverpool so I follow them, especially now we are in the npc, Downing was my favourite boro player for a long time too so I like to see how he's getting on. Always look out for pools and to a lesser extent darlo and York city.

I look out for Yeovil Town, as I used to live there, and I also have a keen interest on Viborg FF in Denmark, again as I used to live there.

In Spain it has to be Barcelona, kinda obvious I guess? I just love Messi et al. In Germany I'd say I like Bayern, as I have always loved them since Kahn.

In Italy I admire Inter, I have no idea why.

I like watching some teams who's style I admire. I like to see any team beat teams I hate. But I have never and will never create any emotional bond such as the one i have with Boro to any club at domestic or international level. No other clubs are in my blood and even if Boro were no more nothing would replace them.

Well living in Leeds I support Boro but follow whats going on with Leeds quite close. Also semi follow Leeds Rhino's.

Other than that i dont really have the time/inclination to keep track of many others :(

have you ever been to see these other teams of yours or is it a love from afar thing ?

Didn't realise you were in Leeds mate....been here 7 years myself.

I like watching some teams who's style I admire. I like to see any team beat teams I hate. But I have never and will never create any emotional bond such as the one i have with Boro to any club at domestic or international level. No other clubs are in my blood and even if Boro were no more nothing would replace them.

yep, same here. would never say i 'support' another team. like watching teams like barca (when they're not in diving mode) and ***nal but dont care if they win or lose.

• 2 months later...

I love the Boro and always will do.

But i have a soft spot for ***nal, whenever i see them they play some very good football and they've really got their finances in order. Other than when they play the Boro i always like to see the Gunners win :).

I also like to watch games from La Liga aswell :). The league my not be as good as the Premier League, but the games are pretty much how i like to see football played.

I just found out from my mam I used to support Liverpool and she's baffled to how because there was no male influence. ( must of watched footy highlights when she slept).

But I think I started being a Boro fan when I was 6 I had a season ticket with my friend and his dad. So been a Boro fan 20 years and I'm glad someone helped me into supporting my home team because I had no influence.

I love Boro so much as do we all.

I moved to Portsmouth in 2000 and missed going to matches every other week have not mentioned this on the forum before but I have been to over 150 havant &

Waterlooville matches

The hawks are a good side and I enjoy a good match for less than a tenner. I'm getting to the point now that I want them to make it to league football so I suppose you can truly have too teams. It hardly makes me a glory seeker supporting the Boro and hawks plus I can stand up

But I don't love them like I do the Boro I just like too see them do well plus they keep me busy till. Boro are playing away a little closer