oneBoro Forum

Your Geatest Boro Player ever and why?

Thought i would start this thread as a bit of fun:

My greatest player or the one i most admire would have to be Festa not the most Glamorous player i admit but for me he was a player that optimisied what a profesional player should be, he came from a massive club Inter to a unfashonable english club, yes lured by money no doubt but unlike the other high profile signings i never once seen him give less than a 100% on the pitch, stayed when others left and cost very little.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure I won't be alone in this, if others overcome their resistance to stating the obvious, but Juninho is head and shoulders above everyone else.

His pure delight in doing what he did was so infectious that it was impossible not to love the little bugger.

Juninho would be my choice for putting up with us 3 times, playing a part in the Boro winning our first ever trophy and, at times, showing real world class quality!

George Boateng and David Armstrong also deserve a mention as does Craig Hignett (spot on rationale Ringoss).

Craig Hignett.

Anyone who takes a paycut to stay at the club is a hero in my book.

Good shout another who cost little and just got on with great little player could never fathom out WTF Robson was thinking when he replaced higgy with the fat geordie!

Hignett is still at Boro and is involved in our Academy.I know a mate of his who was with him as trainee's at Liverpool and he told me how much he loves Boro.

Can you imagine if you had a team of players who all showed the same spirit as hggy, festa, mogga & co?

I didnt want to start another thread but When did you start supporting Boro and why?

I went to my first match in 74 and I was born in Stockton.My Dad was into football and obviously Boro was my local team.I first started going to mid week games at first and to be honest I couldnt remember seeing much as I was sat on the barriers in the Holgate which wasnt very comfortable.I loved the whole atmosphere of going to the game as a kid rather than the match itself when I was 7 or 8.

Willie Maddren was a bit of a favourite of mine as he lived in the same village as me and when I was 14 I use to deliver his Sunday newspapers.Barsteward use to have 5 papers on a Sunday :)

The year in the premiership with Emerson, Juninho and Ravanelli. A lot of you know Im from ireland, and most over here support united or liverpool, some support chelsea, ***nal, spurs and west ham, but thats about it. I wanted something with a little more excitement and substance. Step forward Boro. Never once looked back with regret.

This is a tricky one!

I started going to Ayresome park in 1986, so it would be difficult for me not to mention Slaven cause he was a hero for me when I was young.

But I would have to say for the 90's - Hignett, I geniunely think he was one of the most under rated players we have EVER had and when he got dropped for the cup final after scoring several goals to get us there, i was fuming, that was a disgusting decision made by Robson and I have never forgive him for it.

I also think Schwarzer is worth a mention, to give 11 years of your career to one team in this day and age is admirable and goal keepers sometimes don't get the praise they deserve but he made some outstanding appearences for us and on more occasions than I care to remember he won valuable points.

Juninho for me, by far the best player i have ever seen wear a boro shirt! Always goave 100% and wanted to help win something for us, took him 3 attempts but he got his wish!

Can still remember he day we signed him, was the statr of something special, something thats sadly consigned to memory now, with the hope we can rise again!