oneBoro Forum

For those of you who aren't aware of it yet, FM has to be activated online, and has to be installed through steam oh and for those of you like myself who got a copy this morning you can pre install it but won't be able to play till midnight when steam activate it.

sad times

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Stayed up to 5am last night tinkering with my boro side! In October now, sitting in 4th, so not far off real life! here are my transfers (and theres a lot of them!!):

Out:

Kink (3.5mil!!!!!!!)

Bailey (1.2mil)

Grounds (775k)

Zemmama (1mil)

Robson (725k)

Hoyte (1.7mil)

In:

Pernia (free)

Gibbs (loan)

Rose (loan)

Bannan (loan)

Jutkiewicz (3mil)

Cha Du-Ri (475)

Jakubko (400k)

Loovens (375k)

Matt Phillips (4mil)

James Dayton (150k)

Marco Verratti (2.5mil)

Stayed up to 5am last night tinkering with my boro side! In October now, sitting in 4th, so not far off real life! here are my transfers (and theres a lot of them!!):

Out:

Kink (3.5mil!!!!!!!)

Bailey (1.2mil)

Grounds (775k)

Zemmama (1mil)

Robson (725k)

Hoyte (1.7mil)

what the f...

Haven't played it yet, I'm purposely putting it off until I finish a book I'm reading as I know nothing will be done when I start playing.

Not sure I'll start as Boro though, rather tempted to go straight into Darlington or York.

I'm flying through this, Im already in October 2012. Won the championship, so its been fairly easy. I'm just using a tactic from last year. But the premiership is a difficult step up... I've lost 5 and won 2, been destroyed by Utd, Liverpool and ***nal, but beat chelsea away 1-0 somehow. Also beat west ham, lost to wolves and bolton. So it'll be a tough fight for survival.

Out:

Kink (3.5mil!!!!!!!)

Bailey (1.2mil)

Grounds (775k)

Zemmama (1mil)

Robson (725k)

Hoyte (1.7mil)

In:

Pernia (free)

Gibbs (loan)

Rose (loan)

Bannan (loan)

Jutkiewicz (3mil)

Cha Du-Ri (475)

Jakubko (400k)

Loovens (375k)

Matt Phillips (4mil)

James Dayton (150k)

Marco Verratti (2.5mil)

I too sold Kink for 3.7 million and Hoyte at 1.6 million. Totally unrealistic, but nevertheless some good deals. Haven't really bought or loaned any players. Only one signing in Cedric. A young, spanish u20 winger with great potential. Cost me 1.9 million. I'm not one who usually makes a lot of signings at once.

Linup is:

----------Steele-----------

McMahon-McManus-Bates-Bennet

---Thomson-R.Williams-Robson---

Emnes-----------------------Cedric

-------------McDonald-------------

Only in start october but I'm up there and have lost only once (away at Leicester). Good game, but Gibson is being cheap and restricting me to only 4 coaches for senior players. I want more to develop my players and tactics.

And NB4, how can you spend that much money? Your bank account must be bleeding? I'm bleeding somthing like 700.000 a month, so can't really spend money if I want to be in the plus over the season.

I was about 6mil in the red by the end of the 1st season, but promoted, so totally worth it. Luckily, although I spent quite a lot in terms of fees (net 3mil, mainly cause I spread costs over 4 years), the guys I brought in were on lower wages than those that went out, so I did a Mowbray and reduced the wage bill even more, which increasing the quality in the team. The players we have just weren't good enough.

I'm now a top half premiership team 4 years in, and the only players that remain are Rhys Williams and Jason Steele. I don't have any room for sentiment in my managing style, and if I can sign a player who is better than what I have, I'll sign him and sell the other. This is my team now:

Enyeama/Steele

Walker/Danze Dann Wilson Jack Robinson

Williams/Verratti

Delph/Bressian

Hoilett Sinclair

Macheda/Kadlec/Roux/Babacar