oneBoro Forum

I didn't get promoted first season, got a 6k transfer budget second time around :(. Scored lots but leaked far FAR too many from Set Pieces. Think I shall be starting again as I know my mistakes now.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

• 2 weeks later...

Started yesterday as Spurs to pass time when I'm tired of Skyrim, picked Spurs as they're not the best team in Premiership but have a good strong solid foundation to work with.

Made one signing, Srna from Shaktar, who's arguably the best RB on the game. Currently nearing the end of December, unbeaten in every competition so far, beat Man U 2-0 and Chelsea 4-0 in the Process, top of the league by 2 points (had a bad patch, but fortunately against easy opposition and was squeezing draws).

My aim at start of season was Top 6, so I'm outshining that. Hoping I can get to at least February before I lose a match, would be awesome to go undefeated the entire season as I haven't done that since CM 04 with Cardiff in Division 2 at the time.

Got promoted with Boro first time, beat Forest in the play-offs. Signed Danny Haynes and the fans went mental haha. Got a nice 6-1 spanking off Man City for my welcome to the PL

It doesn't leak money, if you control your wages accordingly. The players will take lower wages if you give them a higher Loyalty and Agent Fee. These do not come out of your transfer budget.

I have this problem in every FM game I play as Boro though, even in the old 2005 one when we had Hasselbaink etc. I played through first season, came 5th in League, won Uefa and League Cup, had bought a couple of players but on standard wages just to strengthen the team and was way under my wage budget, the next season I was given 160k (I've been playing it recently so remember).

Fortunately I placed 5th again the next season and then they gave me 20million randomly. I will try as Boro again at some point, I'm debating moving there in a couple of seasons in my current Spurs game and seeing what it's like then!

I think you are misunderstanding,

you have to literally reshape the whole team straight away. High earners just sell them for under their asking price, as on the budget adjustment, wages are worth so much more than huge transfer fees.

• 2 weeks later...

I always sell 80% of the middlesbrough team on day one BoroDownSouth its not practical to have 12k wasted on kink when you can get yaya sanogo for 3 million on 4k a week and becomes a french international top scorer

Yeah exactly Stubbzy, I think the key is to make a team your own, get rid of what you dont want etc. And £12k on wages, when you adjust the budget, will give you loads of transfer budget. I was messing around with Liverpool, start with £2m, I ended up with £20m just by budget adjusment and selling two or three players!

bought eden hazard for 15 million in july sold him in january for 34.5 million not bad apart from I have no left wingers now dammit

Im in my 6th season as boro have not won the p.l or league cup won the f.a cup 2 times . 1 qaurter final euro cup 1 semi final.

G.K................Thibaut Courtious 5.mill in 2013

R.W.B.............Serge Aurier 3.mill in 2013

C.B................Kyriakos Papadopaulos 10.mill in 2013

C.B................Dedryck Boyata free in 2012

L.W.B.............Hakan Ozcelik 3.5million at 14 years of age random generation player 2013

L.W/M.L..........Eden Hazard 15 mill in july 2015 sold january 2016 for 34.5 Replaced with a amazing free transfer Mario Gotze proper chuffed with this

M.C................defending/support Rafael Toloi in 2012 8mill

M.C........attacking/playmaker Christian Ericksen in 2013 for 7.5 mill with 50% of next sale

R.W/M.R..........Lucas Moura in 2014 for 17.5 mill with 50% next sale

C.F.R.............Attacking Neymar In 2015 for 38 mill with 50% next sale and 15 mill over 48 months

C.F.L.............Target man support Yaya Sanogo in july 2011 for 3.5 mill best signing ever still only being paid 4 k a week and hits 15 goals a season and 20 assists totaly brilliant

Subs

Iker Munian 2014 for 11 mill

Khouma Babacar 2012 for 4.5 excellent sub and supporting striker

Casemiro 2012. 7 million

Lorenzo Crisetig 2013 free

Felipe Anderson 2012 2 mill

Lucas Digne 2012 1 mill

Tom Cairney 2012 3 mill

Highlight sales are

jason steele to villa for 5 mill

rhys williams to villa for 6 mill

The trick is the players you'd love too get declare your interest passionatly when your doing well i.e after 2 back to back wins eventualy they start considering coming . I magaged to get Christian Ericksen to say he would love to come to such a popular team such as middlesbrough in 2012 but he was valued at 3.2 and ajax rejected every stab I took then in 2013 after continuing declaring my interest P.S.G offerd 7.5 mill ajax accepted {even though I offerd 12mill previously) so I offerd the same they said yes I got him

In summary because I'd constantly declared Interest he was already wanting to come to the boro and I got him on 30k a week . try this it does help alot